Where Are You Going Next Year

Old college threads.
wwellington
Wakka

Re: Where Are You Going Next Year

Post by wwellington »

I'm not that great a player but I'll be at Michigan State next year. I'm up for staffing things even if I don't play much.
Sara Garnett
Michigan State
UNC 2009
Jesus vs. Dragons
Tidus

Post by Jesus vs. Dragons »

munih10 wrote:
Jesus vs. Dragons wrote:Hopefully I will be attending the UF in the fall, but this is a shaky possibility. If I do not get accepted, I will transfer to another CC (most likely Santa Fe) to finish my AA. I believe Santa Fe has a QB team, so my career may continue. After looking at NAQT's website and realizing they did not even attend the CC SCT, I may be playing solo at a few tournaments...
Any news, Ethan? UF quiz bowl would love to have you. Unfortunately, I will be gone, and Aaron Kashtan is uncertain (last I heard) as to whether he will continue to play. I am looking forward to the prospect of playing quiz bowl at Brown, where I will begin working on a PhD in the fall.
As of right now, no. I would definitely like to continue playing at UF and if I find anything out I will email you so you can direct me to the appropiate person.

P.S. - Congrats on Brown!
Ethan Hewett
UF 2013
Chipola College 2010
Sneads High School 2009
grapesmoker
Sin

Post by grapesmoker »

munih10 wrote:Any news, Ethan? UF quiz bowl would love to have you. Unfortunately, I will be gone, and Aaron Kashtan is uncertain (last I heard) as to whether he will continue to play. I am looking forward to the prospect of playing quiz bowl at Brown, where I will begin working on a PhD in the fall.
Man, why am I leaving just when this flood of people is coming in? This is exciting; there's going to be a really good team here waiting for you.
Jerry Vinokurov
ex-LJHS, ex-Berkeley, ex-Brown, sorta-ex-CMU
presently: John Jay College Economics
code ape, loud voice, general nuissance
Sima Guang Hater
Auron

Post by Sima Guang Hater »

grapesmoker wrote:Man, why am I leaving just when this flood of people is coming in?
You're telling me
Eric Mukherjee, MD PhD
Brown 2009, Penn Med 2018
Instructor/Attending Physician/Postdoctoral Fellow, Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Coach, University School of Nashville

“The next generation will always surpass the previous one. It’s one of the never-ending cycles in life.”
Support the Stevens-Johnson Syndrome Foundation
marnold
Tidus

Post by marnold »

I will be at Columbia. I almost certainly won't play next year and my involvement in the game after that is an open question.
Michael Arnold
Chicago 2010
Columbia Law 2013

2009 ACF Nats Champion
2010 ICT Champion
2010 CULT Champion
Member of Mike Cheyne's Quizbowl All-Heel Team

Fundamental Theorem of Quizbowl (Revised): Almost no one is actually good at quizbowl.
alkrav112
Rikku

Post by alkrav112 »

Still deciding between UCLA Law and Columbia Law; on the waitlist at Harvard and Yale. So definitely one of those four places, and probably listed in relative order of likelihood. Involvement in quizbowl dubious for year one, possible for following years.
Andy Kravis
Michigan '09
Columbia Law, '13
Crimson Rosella
Wakka

Post by Crimson Rosella »

Going to Stanford for Chemical Engineering. I think I'm gonna take the first semester or so off, but I'm hoping to start playing again soon.
Joey Montoya
University of South Carolina 2005-2010
Stanford University 2010-
Lagotto Romagnolo
Tidus

Post by Lagotto Romagnolo »

One more year at brown, then I'll probably go into the workforce for a year or two. After that, not sure. Due to other commitments, I doubt I will play in tournaments during the first semester, though I will still run the club on the bureaucratic end, and I plan to return in the spring.
Aaron Rosenberg
Langley HS '07 / Brown '11 / Illinois '14
aestheteboy
Tidus

Post by aestheteboy »

I'll probably go to Chicago and play more quizbowl than I did this year.
Daichi - Walter Johnson; Vanderbilt; U of Chicago.
Daichi's Law of High School Quizbowl: the frequency of posting in the Quizbowl Resource Center is proportional to the likelihood of being overrated.
fleurdelivre
Tidus

Post by fleurdelivre »

aestheteboy wrote:I'll probably go to Chicago and play more quizbowl than I did this year.
A transfer after my own heart. I hope you love it.
Katy
Vanderbilt '06 / Harvard '11 / freelance moderator
Central_Slade
Lulu

Post by Central_Slade »

I will be starting at UGA, although I probably will not play much, if at all, the first semester, due to work.
Robert Slade
Georgia Perimeter College '08-'09
Strongside
Rikku

Post by Strongside »

My plan is to graduate next month (I need to finish up some stuff for one course). I still intend to stay active and play open tournaments.

I don't have any immediate plans to take any classes go back to school, but I haven't ruled it out. I would say right now it is unlikely, but not impossible that I will be playing ACF and/or NAQT tournaments in 2011.
Brendan Byrne

Drake University, 2006-2008
University of Minnesota, 2008-2010
Not That Kind of Christian!!
Yuna

Post by Not That Kind of Christian!! »

Oh, hey, I haven't posted here yet. I'm going to medical school at NYU (and chilling on the Brown waitlist, but pretty much just for kicks) and probably won't play quizbowl anymore, but I'll happily contribute to organizational efforts in New York and the Northeast in general.
Hannah Kirsch
Brandeis University 2010
NYU School of Medicine 2014

"Wow, those Scandinavians completely thorbjorned my hard-earned political capital."
theMoMA
Forums Staff: Administrator

Post by theMoMA »

I will be entering law school at the University of Minnesota in September, and I plan to play a moderate number of events.
Andrew Hart
Minnesota alum
Mike Bentley
Sin

Post by Mike Bentley »

Anyone happen to be attending school in the Pacific Northwest this year or know of teammates who are?
Mike Bentley
Treasurer, Partnership for Academic Competition Excellence
Adviser, Quizbowl Team at University of Washington
University of Maryland, Class of 2008