I will have a laptop.
Michael Hausinger
Coach, Bay City Western High School
formerly of University of Michigan and East Lansing High School
abnormal abdomen
Rikku

Re: CO Side Event: The Jean-Baptiste Lully Memorial

Post by abnormal abdomen »

I'm still waiting on this field to fill up, guys.

Also, for the Friday night people:

We'll probably have about 10 packets compiled, edited, and ready to go for you guys. The remaining 3 packets are almost entirely written, it's just that we want to go through, edit/replace stuff, etc. so that those are absolutely pristine and such. Who exactly do I email those to, when they're ready? I imagine I'll email them tomorrow morning/afternoon, but we might have those organized by tonight.

Also, for my staffers:

How many of you have laptops? We'd definitely prefer if people were to use them, just for convenience's sake. Ideally, we'll have internet connection there (is this likely?) and we'll email packets one by one every round to our moderators, and if we have to, we'll supply hard copies one by one to people who need them. Additionally, I'll state that if the worst case scenario turns out to be what we have to work with, then we'll just have our 6 rooms or so and employ the shootout format in rooms; if this happens, we'll have quite an excess of staffers and we will naturally only use 6 moderators, with scorekeepers if needed. This is just a heads up and I'm basically just saying that you might not read, even if you're assuming you are. If you feel like it's a waste of your time to stay and we have that excess, then you can leave and we won't be offended (and we hope you won't be either). We do appreciate the generosity of the volunteers, and we don't want you to feel like you MUST STAY even if we have enough. That said, we obviously still need our staffers and this isn't a reason for people to just be like "Eh they're good I'm not going". Thank you.
Abid Haseeb
Auburn High School '12
Brown University '16
Writer, HSAPQ
Writer, NAQT
Mike Bentley
Sin

Post by Mike Bentley »

No one actually seemed to be interested in the Friday stuff so I guess it's not happening.
Mike Bentley
Treasurer, Partnership for Academic Competition Excellence
Adviser, Quizbowl Team at University of Washington
University of Maryland, Class of 2008
abnormal abdomen
Rikku

Bentley Like Beckham wrote:No one actually seemed to be interested in the Friday stuff so I guess it's not happening.
Oh, well, okay. Sorry to hear that.

Hey uh, another thing: If you guys personally see anyone on the free agents list (excluding Dan Donohue; this is mostly directed towards Frank Firke, Matt Weiner, Ahmad Ragab, Robert Volgman) during CO weekend before Sunday, please ask them to inform me of their teams/whether they're still playing. Thank you.
Abid Haseeb
Auburn High School '12
Brown University '16
Writer, HSAPQ
Writer, NAQT
Matt Weiner
Sin

Post by Matt Weiner »

I'm not playing due to the time at which the tournament was scheduled.
Matt Weiner
Advisor to Quizbowl at Virginia Commonwealth University / Founder of hsquizbowl.org
setht
Auron

Post by setht »

Your Cup of Robust Tea wrote:Ideally, we'll have internet connection there (is this likely?)
There should be wireless that UChicago people can sign on to.

-Seth
Seth Teitler
Formerly UC Berkeley and U. Chicago
President of NAQT
Emeritus member of ACF
Sima Guang Hater
Auron

Post by Sima Guang Hater »

my flight change didnt work out so I have to sit this one out. Sorry people.
Eric Mukherjee, MD PhD
Brown 2009, Penn Med 2018
Instructor/Attending Physician/Postdoctoral Fellow, Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Coach, University School of Nashville

“The next generation will always surpass the previous one. It’s one of the never-ending cycles in life.”
Support the Stevens-Johnson Syndrome Foundation
abnormal abdomen
Rikku

Bentley Like Beckham wrote:No one actually seemed to be interested in the Friday stuff so I guess it's not happening.
Yo Evan Adams emailed me and people wanna do this maybe. Email Lloyd.
Abid Haseeb
Auburn High School '12
Brown University '16
Writer, HSAPQ
Writer, NAQT
vcuEvan
Auron

Post by vcuEvan »

Your Cup of Robust Tea wrote:
Yo Evan Adams emailed me and people wanna do this maybe. Email Lloyd.
We may be playing these in our hotel room at the Hyatt Place in Lombard. If you happen to be around you're welcome to join us.
Evan Adams
VCU '11, UVA '14, NYU '15
MLaudermith
Wakka

Post by MLaudermith »

I will have my laptop on Sunday, and I'll bring a buzzer as well.
Mike Laudermith, Fenton High School
IHSSBCA Member-at-Large

"Where can you belt back a fifth of scotch on the Firth of Forth?"
--geography tossup from the pioneering days of Illinois Scholastic Bowl
abnormal abdomen
Rikku

MLaudermith wrote:I will have my laptop on Sunday, and I'll bring a buzzer as well.
Hey how did this go? Email me about specific questions if needed.
Sorry I couldn't talk to you directly, it actually happened by pure chance that I was able to see your email.
Abid Haseeb
Auburn High School '12
Brown University '16
Writer, HSAPQ
Writer, NAQT
jdeliverer
Rikku

Post by jdeliverer »

Abid, did your field ever fill? I'll be around tomorrow and I'll play it with anyone there who's interested if it hasn't.
Robert Volgman
Brown '14
Latin School of Chicago '10
abnormal abdomen
Rikku

jdeliverer wrote:Abid, did your field ever fill? I'll be around tomorrow and I'll play it with anyone there who's interested if it hasn't.
Well, I haven't gotten word from Firke but Ahmad said he'll play with whomever, and Mike is playing with Andrew U. Thus I will put you with Ragab, and if Firke is still playing I'll throw him on with you guys, most likely. Any further players will just be added to other teams.
Abid Haseeb
Auburn High School '12
Brown University '16
Writer, HSAPQ
Writer, NAQT
Lagotto Romagnolo
Tidus

Post by Lagotto Romagnolo »

I will bring Brown's buzzer.
Aaron Rosenberg
Langley HS '07 / Brown '11 / Illinois '14
abnormal abdomen
Rikku

A big congratulations to our tournament champions, Rob Carson and Kevin Koai, who defeated Aaron Rosenberg and Chris Ray in the final.

I'd firstly like to thank all of my staffers who so graciously came out and helped out in every way that they did. I really, really appreciate that you guys were able to help out. I should also give special thanks to Jordan Hoffmann, who so efficiently kept stats (these will be posted later tonight; he finished 15 or so seconds after the final was over, but my brother currently has the stats and he's at work; my brother Zahed also deserves a big thanks for driving us there and back and then heading out to work this morning). I also thank the Chicago Open organizers for allowing us to host this. Additionally, I appreciate that everyone came out and played this set (which will be posted at some point in the near future after certain things are worked out), which we really did work quite hard on. I thank everyone for bearing with our various mistakes and the clunkers in the set that appeared here and there (that Oklahoma! tossup was supposed to be removed by me, by the way. I didn't write it, but it's my fault that it ended getting in the set; we know it sucked), and I hope that you guys enjoyed the set and some of the different stuff we put in there (yeah, not the 2 rap tossups though). We look forward to hearing your thoughts on the set, and what you think we can do to improve.

I'd like to thank, of course, my fellow writers, Lloyd Sy and Shantanu Jha (who edited a boatload of questions). There were, of course, many various kinks along the way, but we put out a set, and a set that seemed to be enjoyable.

Also, thank you Andrew Hart for opening that door; you basically prevented Mr. Laudermith and Jonah from getting really upset. I'm glad you enjoyed my outburst after that whole sequence. Thanks, people like Chris Ray, Greg Peterson, and Trygve Meade (and any others) who helped us out with scheduling and things of that.

Additionally, just from a player's and student's perspective, I'd just like to state that I am in awe of people like Kevin Koai and John Lawrence (who I honestly didn't even know anything about before yesterday) who just absolutely tore up music questions via their real-ass knowledge from their studies (correct me if I'm wrong about the studies part).

Oh, and I'm not going to make a big deal about it or anything, but as far as I can tell, 3 people were able to play without paying me money. I think I know what happened with two of them (and that's not entirely their fault), but at least just tell is how or why you can't pay. No one needs to discuss this; I'm just mentioning it.

One more thing: In a weird twist, the day before Lully I tripped hit my foot really hard against a staircase, and throughout the day yesterday I was pretty nauseous. Good thing I didn't die, unlike that one guy.

EDIT: I just want to mention, just for everyone's benefit, that my name isn't actually pronounced "Ah-beed". It's "Ah-bid".
Last edited by abnormal abdomen on Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Abid Haseeb
Auburn High School '12
Brown University '16
Writer, HSAPQ
Writer, NAQT
Charbroil
Auron

Post by Charbroil »

This tournament was fun; thank you very much for all of the hard work.
Charles Hang
Francis Howell Central '09
St. Charles Community College '14
Washington University in St. Louis '19, 2x (President, 2017-19)

Owner, Olympia Academic Competition Questions, LLC
Question Writer, National Academic Quiz Tournaments, LLC and National History Bee and Bowl
Lagotto Romagnolo
Tidus

Thanks to Abid, Lloy, Shantanu, and Zahed for a very fun tournament, and congrats to Rob and Kevin.
Your Cup of Robust Tea wrote:EDIT: I just want to mention, just for everyone's benefit, that my name isn't actually pronounce "Ah-beed". It's "Ah-bid".
EDIT: For my benefit especially; I wasn't sure which one was right and my mind just defaulted to the long e sound.
Aaron Rosenberg
Gautam
Auron

Post by Gautam »

Your Cup of Robust Tea wrote: EDIT: I just want to mention, just for everyone's benefit, that my name isn't actually pronounce "Ah-beed". It's "Ah-bid".
Abid is the namesake of one of Hyderabad's big shopping district.
Gautam - ACF
Currently tending to the 'quizbowl hobo' persuasion.
abnormal abdomen
Rikku

gkandlikar wrote:
Your Cup of Robust Tea wrote: EDIT: I just want to mention, just for everyone's benefit, that my name isn't actually pronounce "Ah-beed". It's "Ah-bid".
Haha, I am Hyderabadi. And I may or may not have seen that when I went to India.

And, it's all good Aaron. I wasn't offended or anything.
Abid Haseeb
Auburn High School '12
Brown University '16
Writer, HSAPQ
Writer, NAQT
Charley Pride
Rikku

Post by Charley Pride »

gkandlikar wrote:
I <3 Abids. Abid, we went there several times during our trip. That, however, I've always heard pronounced with an "A" sound similar to the one in "cat".

Also, for clarification: I had nothing to do with the question set aside from simple advice here and there, as well as some playtesting where there was stuff I knew about. As far as the tournament itself, I was simply a staffer, and I acted as something of a backseat manager at various points in the tournament, simply to make things easier on my brother. My point is, I didn't have too much to do with this event, which is a credit to my brother and Lloyd.
Zahed Haseeb

Auburn High School 2010
University of Chicago 2014
The King's Flight to the Scots
Auron

Post by The King's Flight to the Scots »

I had a lot of fun playing this in our hotel room, and probably would have had more fun playing the final set on Sunday. Thanks, Lloyd/Abid/Shantanu, for writing a solid tournament. Now I know I need to step up my productivity so that high school juniors aren't contributing more than I am.
Matt Bollinger
UVA '14, UVA '15
abnormal abdomen
Rikku

Cernel Joson wrote:I had a lot of fun playing this in our hotel room, and probably would have had more fun playing the final set on Sunday. Thanks, Lloyd/Abid/Shantanu, for writing a solid tournament. Now I know I need to step up my productivity so that high school juniors aren't contributing more than I am.
Yeah, we replaced a pretty significant amount of stuff between the hotel set and last night's set (which also wasn't perfect, of course, but still).
Abid Haseeb
Auburn High School '12
Brown University '16
Writer, HSAPQ
Writer, NAQT
Auks Ran Ova
Forums Staff: Chief Administrator

Post by Auks Ran Ova »

staaaaaaaaaaaats
Rob Carson
University of Minnesota '11, MCTC '??, BHSU forever
Member, ACF
Member emeritus, PACE
Writer and Editor, NAQT
jonah
Auron

Post by jonah »

Jonah Greenthal
National Academic Quiz Tournaments
Charley Pride
Rikku

Post by Charley Pride »

Cernel Joson wrote:I had a lot of fun playing this in our hotel room, and probably would have had more fun playing the final set on Sunday. Thanks, Lloyd/Abid/Shantanu, for writing a solid tournament. Now I know I need to step up my productivity so that high school juniors aren't contributing more than I am.
They were sophomores for most of the writing.
Zahed Haseeb

Auburn High School 2010
Charley Pride
Rikku

Post by Charley Pride »

jonah wrote:staaaaaaaaaaaats
Why doesn't the Chris Ray team have 10 matches played?
Zahed Haseeb

Auburn High School 2010
Charbroil
Auron

Post by Charbroil »

jonah wrote:staaaaaaaaaaaats
I played a second game against Ahmad Ragab during the playoffs; do you have the results for that?
Charles Hang
Francis Howell Central '09
St. Charles Community College '14
Washington University in St. Louis '19, 2x (President, 2017-19)

Owner, Olympia Academic Competition Questions, LLC
Question Writer, National Academic Quiz Tournaments, LLC and National History Bee and Bowl
abnormal abdomen
Rikku

I don't think Jonah would have those.

EDIT: We should probably acquire the stats for the Sorice/Vicich versus Ray/Rosenberg match. For the Ragab/Hang match, too.
Last edited by abnormal abdomen on Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Abid Haseeb
Auburn High School '12
Brown University '16
Writer, HSAPQ
Writer, NAQT
jonah
Auron

Post by jonah »

Concerns about stats should be sent to Zahed at [email protected]. I just post what's sent to me.
Jonah Greenthal
jdeliverer
Rikku

Post by jdeliverer »

As I emailed Abid about, I was unable to attend this tournament because of a medical emergency with my grandmother that occurred at the last minute. Sorry Ahmad, for leaving you without a teammate.
Robert Volgman
Brown '14
Latin School of Chicago '10
jonah
Auron

Post by jonah »

I added the staaaaaaaaaaaats for Ragab-Hang and Spencer/Davis-Hart/Masrour in round 9.
Jonah Greenthal
AKKOLADE
Sin

Post by AKKOLADE »

if it is the Will of Hang, stats will be provided
stats were provided
Fred Morlan
University of Kentucky CoP, 2017
International Quiz Bowl Tournaments, CEO, co-owner
former PACE member, president, etc.
former hsqbrank manager, former NAQT writer & subject editor, former hsqb Administrator/Chief Administrator
Megalomaniacal Panda on Absinthe
Wakka

Post by Megalomaniacal Panda on Absinthe »

I'm glad everyone seemed to enjoy the tournament, though it did not have the polish I would have liked. Abid and Lloyd were fantastic to work with and are great writers in the making, and I absolutely look forward to what they do in the future.

Anyway, there are a bunch of questions, somewhere between 2 to 4 packets worth, that were intended both as replacements for some of the less stellar questions in the set and to constitute a packet or two more. Would people like to play these, perhaps at VCU Open along with what remains of the lit tournament? If enough people are coming to Sun 'n' Fun, I'd very much like to read the questions there myself, since this is probably the last tournament I'll be writing questions for in a long while. I'd be particularly interested in seeing people like Kevin, John, and Aaron play on some of them, since a lot of these remaining questions are quite difficult and not simply because they're things quizbowl doesn't ask about, like the Chopin Ballades. I can try to put together more questions if people would like a five packet mini tournament, but no promises on that end.

If there are no takers, I'll probably just add the other questions to the set to bring it up to a full thirteen or fourteen packets and then Abid and Lloyd can release it.
Shantanu Jha, Walt Whitman '08, University of Chicago '1x
Lagotto Romagnolo
Tidus

Megalomaniacal Panda on Absinthe wrote:I'd be particularly interested in seeing people like Kevin, John, and Aaron play on some of them
I won't be at VCU open, but I'd love to play these (IRC, anyone?).
Aaron Rosenberg
vcuEvan
Auron

Post by vcuEvan »

We're not going to have time to play these at the VCU site of VCU open.
Evan Adams
VCU '11, UVA '14, NYU '15
Wakka

Gypsy punk wrote:
Megalomaniacal Panda on Absinthe wrote:I'd be particularly interested in seeing people like Kevin, John, and Aaron play on some of them
I won't be at VCU open, but I'd love to play these (IRC, anyone?).
Yeah, if people would like to set a date to play these questions in IRC I'd be happy to oblige, particularly if both VCU Open and Sun 'n' Fun are out of the question.
Cheynem
Sin

Post by Cheynem »

Not entirely sure what the Michigan site's schedule is, but I'd like to hear those packets at VCU Open, since I won't be at Sun 'N Fun and I'm on dial-up right now, even if it's just in a hotel room after the main event(s). Would you be willing to just e-mail them to me if I asked nicely?

I'm a little unsure if things are cleared for discussion, but, even though I didn't play it, I thought this was pretty cool. It hit a nice level of hard but (generally) not insane and while there were a few clunker questions, for a tournament written by 2/3 relatively new writers, it was very solid. I really liked that the format made it impossible to play the "well, this already came up!" game, as it's a game I'm not very good at. I can also say that the film questions were superb--many brilliant ideas and things that should come up a hell of a lot more.
Mike Cheyne
Formerly U of Minnesota

"You killed HSAPQ"--Matt Bollinger
DumbJaques
Forums Staff: Administrator

Post by DumbJaques »

My hearty thanks to the editors for a thoroughly enjoyable set. Also thanks to my teammate Aaron Rosenberg for doing shit like powering questions on Chopin's Ballades.

Anti-thanks for this weekend's collective 1/1 Edward Hicks distribution. Edward Hicks sucks!

Shantanu, we could definitely play those questions at Sun n Fun (in fact, I'd enjoy it).
Chris Ray
OSU
University of Chicago, 2016
University of Maryland, 2014
ACF, PACE
ThisIsMyUsername
Auron

Post by ThisIsMyUsername »

Megalomaniacal Panda on Absinthe wrote:I'm glad everyone seemed to enjoy the tournament, though it did not have the polish I would have liked. Abid and Lloyd were fantastic to work with and are great writers in the making, and I absolutely look forward to what they do in the future.
Thanks a lot to Abid, Lloyd, and Shantanu for writing this tournament. I really enjoyed playing the set. A lot of stuff I've been waiting to hear questions on since I started playing quizbowl came up in this tournament. And I'm sure I'm surprising (and pleasing) no one when I say that I look forward to discussing this set once it's cleared and posted.
Anyway, there are a bunch of questions, somewhere between 2 to 4 packets worth, that were intended both as replacements for some of the less stellar questions in the set and to constitute a packet or two more. Would people like to play these, perhaps at VCU Open along with what remains of the lit tournament? If enough people are coming to Sun 'n' Fun, I'd very much like to read the questions there myself, since this is probably the last tournament I'll be writing questions for in a long while. I'd be particularly interested in seeing people like Kevin, John, and Aaron play on some of them, since a lot of these remaining questions are quite difficult and not simply because they're things quizbowl doesn't ask about, like the Chopin Ballades. I can try to put together more questions if people would like a five packet mini tournament, but no promises on that end.
I am not attending either VCU Open or Sun 'n' Fun. As of now, I do not have any sort of IRC account. Assuming that this is something that is not difficult to set up, though, I'd be more than happy to establish one in order to play those remaining questions. I had been looking forward to playing the "packet of death" ever since you mentioned its existence.
John Lawrence
Yale University '12
King's College London '13
University of Chicago '20

“I am not absentminded. It is the presence of mind that makes me unaware of everything else.” - G.K. Chesterton
abnormal abdomen
Rikku

ThisIsMyUsername wrote: I am not attending either VCU Open or Sun 'n' Fun. As of now, I do not have any sort of IRC account. Assuming that this is something that is not difficult to set up, though, I'd be more than happy to establish one in order to play those remaining questions. I had been looking forward to playing the "packet of death" ever since you mentioned its existence.
We had never fully compiled that packet, but there are still some things that remain that I've written that were really hard that I can just give Shantanu for when you guys do this. The packets he's mentioning will probably just be multiple packets of death.
Abid Haseeb
Auburn High School '12
Brown University '16
Writer, HSAPQ
Writer, NAQT
ThisIsMyUsername
Auron

Your Cup of Robust Tea wrote: We had never fully compiled that packet, but there are still some things that remain that I've written that were really hard that I can just give Shantanu for when you guys do this. The packets he's mentioning will probably just be multiple packets of death.
Multiple "packets of death" are even better than just one.
John Lawrence
Yale University '12

“I am not absentminded. It is the presence of mind that makes me unaware of everything else.” - G.K. Chesterton
Wakka

ThisIsMyUsername wrote:
Thanks a lot to Abid, Lloyd, and Shantanu for writing this tournament. I really enjoyed playing the set. A lot of stuff I've been waiting to hear questions on since I started playing quizbowl came up in this tournament. And I'm sure I'm surprising (and pleasing) no one when I say that I look forward to discussing this set once it's cleared and posted.

I am not attending either VCU Open or Sun 'n' Fun. As of now, I do not have any sort of IRC account. Assuming that this is something that is not difficult to set up, though, I'd be more than happy to establish one in order to play those remaining questions. I had been looking forward to playing the "packet of death" ever since you mentioned its existence.
Well, I'm pleased to hear that you'd like to discuss it; I intended this set as an example about how people should write fine arts questions and choose their answers. In particular I wanted the music to reflect much that I've learned in years of studying about and listening to classical music, and hence my tossups on things like the Chopin Ballades and the Schubert Impromptus. I've held back on offering my lucubrations on music related subjects in the past, but when I open up the discussion thread for this set I'll be delighted to respond in extensive detail.

That said, I'd like to avoid discussing anything until the rest of the questions get played. I think the rest of those questions are central to this experiment and I would be loathe to start discussion until they have been heard (or read, as it seems the case will be).

As far as IRC goes, if you could get Kevin to join us I'd really appreciate it. You don't even need an actual account, but we can discuss that and anything else about the set over email (mine is externalsolipsism at gmail.com).
Last edited by Megalomaniacal Panda on Absinthe on Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
ThisIsMyUsername
Auron

Megalomaniacal Panda on Absinthe wrote: extensive detail
I will definitely take you up on that. I'll say in advance that the answer lines you're talking about like Chopin Ballades and Schubert Impromptus were actually my favorite thing about this tournament.
As far as IRC goes, if you could get Kevin to join us I'd really appreciate it. You don't even need an actual account, but we can discuss that and anything else about the set over email (mine is externalsolipsism at gmail.com).
I'm a little confused about this. I've never used IRC before. Presumably, I need to download some sort of IRC application...and then what?

As for Kevin joining us, I think he may be playing VCU Open. So if you decide to play the remaining questions there, he may want to hold out for that. But I'll definitely let him know that the IRC stuff is going on.
John Lawrence
Yale University '12

Auroni
Auron

Post by Auroni »

ThisIsMyUsername wrote: I'm a little confused about this. I've never used IRC before. Presumably, I need to download some sort of IRC application...and then what?
You don't even have to download anything - go to mibbit.com and log on to slashnet, which is presumably where questions will be played, since all quizbowl-related chatrooms are on that server. It will ask you for a name, so just put in any name you want.
Auroni Gupta (she/her)
djayboots
Lulu

Post by djayboots »

IRC sounds great. I really liked much of what this set (and the music at CO proper, for that matter) did, especially in terms of answer selection, which I thought ranged from solid to downright inspired. Thanks to everyone involved for producing a really fun tournament, and I look forward to hearing the rest.
Kevin Koai, Yale
Theory Of The Leisure Flask
Yuna

Post by Theory Of The Leisure Flask »

In the unlikely event I can carve out time (I'll be away from the internet for most of the next week), I'd love the chance to play these in IRC as well.

Are the already-played-at-CO rounds going to be posted soon?
Chris White
Bloomfield HS (New Jersey) '01, Swarthmore College '05, University of Pennsylvania '10. Still writes questions occasionally.
abnormal abdomen
Rikku

Theory Of The Leisure Flask wrote:In the unlikely event I can carve out time (I'll be away from the internet for most of the next week), I'd love the chance to play these in IRC as well.

Are the already-played-at-CO rounds going to be posted soon?
Not just yet; Shantanu has told me that he wants to fix a few things and such before they get released. I think we'll discuss the set in depth after the improved set is released.
Abid Haseeb
Auburn High School '12
Brown University '16
Writer, HSAPQ
Writer, NAQT
djayboots
Lulu

Post by djayboots »

Thought I'd get the ball rolling; are people interested in hearing the rest of this (and Shantanu, of course) free on Monday and/or Tuesday?
Kevin Koai, Yale
Wakka

While I will in all likelihood have enough playable stuff by the end of the week, there's some stuff I'd like to ask about that I just don't have the resources to write on while in India. Hence I'd like a couple days to finish this up after I return to the U.S. My current plan is to put together a mini-tournament of four or five packets of death to be played on IRC somewhere between the 13th and the 18th. I may also read the packets live when I attend Sun 'n' Fun, though the details on that are somewhat less clear. In any case, we'll release the fully edited packets with the extra packet of death questions after I read the IRC rounds.
ThisIsMyUsername
Auron

Megalomaniacal Panda on Absinthe wrote:My current plan is to put together a mini-tournament of four or five packets of death to be played on IRC somewhere between the 13th and the 18th.
Looking forward to it. The only one of those dates I can do is the 18th; I'm away for the rest. So, my vote is for the 18th.
John Lawrence
Yale University '12