Podcast on High School Quizbowl Women

A place to discuss topics affecting quizbowlers as a community rather than quizbowl as a game.
Beevor Feevor
Rikku

Podcast on High School Quizbowl Women

Post by Beevor Feevor »

I'm not sure where else I'm supposed to post this in this subforum (if the mods want to move or remove it, it's fine by me), but I had a podcast recently about women participating in Quizbowl that featured a panel of 5 very experienced girls in high school Quizbowl today. I thought it may be enlightening for people who might want to know what it's like, and if more experienced people want to weigh in as well, I'm hoping that this podcast can help get the discussion rolling again on a very important problem to address!

http://quizbowlpodcast.wordpress.com/20 ... -quizbowl/

Edit: Link is like, actually present now...
Last edited by Beevor Feevor on Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eric Xu
Western Albemarle '15
Virginia '19
Harvard '23
Adventure Temple Trail
Auron

Re: Podcast on High School Quizbowl Women

Post by Adventure Temple Trail »

Einhard wrote:I'm not sure where else I'm supposed to post this in this subforum (if the mods want to move or remove it, it's fine by me), but I had a podcast recently about women participating in Quizbowl that featured a panel of 5 very experienced girls in high school Quizbowl today. I thought it may be enlightening for people who might want to know what it's like, and if more experienced people want to weigh in as well, I'm hoping that this podcast can help get the discussion rolling again on a very important problem to address!
Do you have a link to the audio?
Matt Jackson
University of Chicago '24
Yale '14, Georgetown Day School '10
member emeritus, ACF
Beevor Feevor
Rikku

Post by Beevor Feevor »

I do indeed, and it is now actually linked within the original post!
Eric Xu
Western Albemarle '15
Virginia '19
Harvard '23
vinteuil
Auron

Post by vinteuil »

Thanks for doing this, Eric—it's full of all sorts of good info about quizbowl in general, not limited to women or high school.
Jacob R., ex-Chicago