Festivus 2019 (December 23rd, Discord)

All announcements for open practices, online or in-person scrimmages, the playing of online packets, and online or in-person playtesting goes in this forum. (Official Skype/Discord tournaments should still be announced in the relevant tournament announcement forums.)
Belgium
Lulu

Festivus 2019 (December 23rd, Discord)

Post by Belgium »

Once again we've reached that time of year without a Festivus thread, so here it is! As the thread title suggests, this will be happening on the main quizbowl Discord server, where you can read your packets either through voice chat or by copy-pasting your packet clue by clue into the text chat.

You can add your own packet to the To Read list on this here Google Sheet.

You can either read your packet yourself or nominate someone else to do so if you can't be present. For such eventualities, it would be awesome if other people could sign up as extra mods, especially someone Stateside to take over when I get dinner/go to sleep in the wee hours of the mornings. To have as much playing time as possible for everyone involved, we'll be tentatively starting this at 5pm my time, or 4pm UK time, noon Eastern and 9am Pacific times.
Thomas De Bock - Oxford Brookes University

Mike Bentley
Sin

Re: Festivus 2019 (December 23rd, Discord)

Post by Mike Bentley »

FYI packet readings have started.
Mike Bentley
VP of Editing, Partnership for Academic Competition Excellence
Adviser, Quizbowl Team at University of Washington
University of Maryland, Class of 2008

Wartortullian
Rikku

Re: Festivus 2019 (December 23rd, Discord)

Post by Wartortullian »

I'll be collecting packets for this. Please email them to [email protected], or PM them to me via Facebook or Discord.
Matt Mitchell
Yale 20xx
Colorado 2020
Treasure Valley 2016
QBNotify creator, Colorado Quiz Bowl founder, PACE member