G2G FASTER

Old college threads.
L.H.O.O.Q.
Wakka

G2G FASTER

Post by L.H.O.O.Q. »

Two summers ago, I wrote and released unto the world an absolute nightmare of a packet.

G2G FAST was a Sonic-themed packet that, ironically, was slow and boring at nearly every reading. Most tossups went dead; the tossups that did get converted were almost always last-lines. The last thing you should want from a packet dedicated to Sonic the Hedgehog is a difficult slog through 8-line-long tossups that end up going dead. A true Sonic packet should embrace the speed and the superficiality that defines the character.

That is what I have attempted to accomplish with G2G FASTER. It is 20 tossups and 0 bonuses. Tossups are no longer than 5 lines, 10pt TNR, superpowermarked. I consciously selected answerlines and giveaways that would be accessible to players with only a tangential knowledge of the franchise. The packet is built with the following distribution:
  • 5/0 games
  • 5/0 non-game visual media (e.g. Archie comics, the Sonic movie)
  • 5/0 miscellaneous official Sonic content (e.g. music)
  • 5/0 fan-created content (e.g. memes)
The packet is "done" in that all 20 tossups are written, in various states of edited-ness. I plan to read this packet at 10:00pm EDT on Wednesday, June 24; however, given the niche nature of the packet, I am more than willing to accommodate the schedules of prospective players.
Sarah Benner
Avon HS 2013-17, Purdue 2017-21
Unofficial QB Advisor for Purdue, Ohio State, and the State of Indiana

May refer to herself in the third person.
Ciorwrong
Tidus

Re: G2G FASTER

Post by Ciorwrong »

My inner 12-year-old is very interested in this. Where can I find the original packet? Will this be read in the main QB Discord?
Harris Bunker
Grosse Pointe North High School '15
Michigan State University '19
UC San Diego Economics 2019 -

at least semi-retired
Judson Laipply
Rikku

Post by Judson Laipply »

I'll pop in at 10 to get wrecked by this.
James L.
Kellenberg '10
UPenn '14
UChicago '20
L.H.O.O.Q.
Wakka

Post by L.H.O.O.Q. »

Ciorwrong wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:23 am Where can I find the original packet?
I have a Google doc of it available, but I don't know if I want to make it publicly available. Maybe if there's enough demand for harder/weirder question content I'll read it at some point.
Ciorwrong wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:23 am Will this be read in the main QB Discord?
Yep.
Sarah Benner
Avon HS 2013-17, Purdue 2017-21
Unofficial QB Advisor for Purdue, Ohio State, and the State of Indiana

May refer to herself in the third person.
Ciorwrong
Tidus

Post by Ciorwrong »

Harris Bunker
Grosse Pointe North High School '15
Michigan State University '19
UC San Diego Economics 2019 -

at least semi-retired