FILMRIEL - A hard visual film packet

All announcements for open practices, online or in-person scrimmages, the playing of online packets, and online or in-person playtesting goes in this forum. (Official Skype/Discord tournaments should still be announced in the relevant tournament announcement forums.)
neilbreen
Lulu

FILMRIEL - A hard visual film packet

Post by neilbreen »

Hi everyone. The third packet in my FILMRIEL series is just about done and I'll be reading it in the main quizbowl discord on Thursday, June 17 at 7 PM ET.

FILMRIEL is a series of vanity visual film packets I've been writing sporadically over the past few months. The first two packets were also played in the main quizbowl discord shortly after they were written, although I never got around to posting about them on the forums. As they are pure vanity content, the packets vary wildly in difficulty and have no distribution. They do, however, tend to be mostly very difficult, and I do attempt to have a somewhat diverse array of content in each packet. You can check out the previous packets here.

After the reading, the packet will be added to the above link, which is also on the archives. If and when I write another of these I'll add a post to this thread indicating when and where I plan to read it. Hope to see you on Thursday!
Ariel Faeder
she/her

those are pearls that were her eyes...
neilbreen
Lulu

Re: FILMRIEL - A hard visual film packet

Post by neilbreen »

I'm pleased to announce that I am very close to finishing FILMRIEL Part IV and am planning to read it this Thursday, September 9 at 7 PM ET in the main quizbowl discord.
Ariel Faeder
she/her

Cheynem
Sin

Post by Cheynem »

While I don't like playing these in the Discord, I do read them afterwards, and I find them very enjoyable (if nicely hard), so thanks for doing them!
Mike Cheyne
Formerly U of Minnesota

"You killed HSAPQ"--Matt Bollinger
neilbreen
Lulu

Post by neilbreen »

Cheynem wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:51 pm While I don't like playing these in the Discord, I do read them afterwards, and I find them very enjoyable (if nicely hard), so thanks for doing them!
You're welcome! I'm glad you like them.
Ariel Faeder
she/her

neilbreen
Lulu

Post by neilbreen »

Well it's been a year, but the next (and possibly last) iteration of FILMRIEL is finally here! I'll be reading it in the main qb discord on Thursday, September 29, at 7pm Eastern.
Ariel Faeder
she/her