MCMT Solo (MS Only) [June 5]

Dormant threads from the middle school section are preserved here.
Amazingguysofguys
Lulu

MCMT Solo (MS Only) [June 5]

Post by Amazingguysofguys »

I am happy to announce that I will be running a individual tournament for all players that are in 8th grade or younger as of the 2020-2021 school year. The tournament will be run on MCMT, a high school regular difficulty set. More information about the set can be found here. The tournament will be held on June 5th over Discord. Special thanks to Andrew Gao for providing the spreadsheets that will be used for the group rounds.

Schedule and Format

The tournament will take place in a dedicated Discord server and will start at 8 AM Pacific Time. It will be using a variation of the Hillemann Singles Format that is used by NAQT for their Individual National Championship Tournaments. I plan to have group rounds followed by some sort of elimination head to head playoffs for advancing players. The exact format depends on the field number but I hope to guarantee at least 5 group rounds of 40 tossups each. If there is enough staff, we will provide a consolation elimination head to head playoffs for players not advancing to the next stage.

All players must follow NAQT IPNCT Gameplay Rules which can be found here and keep a video stream at all times. I highly encourage players to have two hands and their face in view to avoid any suspicion of cheating but it is NOT required.

Fees

The entry fee for this tournament is $30 per person. There are no discounts available.

Registration

Please register through this form.

The tentative field cap is 24 players.

Staff

Staffers will be paid $25 dollars for a full day of staffing. Please sign up to staff through this form

Field

The field will be updated on this spreadsheet.
Aatreyo B.
Churchill '21
Mira Loma '25
Amazingguysofguys
Lulu

Re: MCMT Solo (MS Only) [June 5]

The field is closed. I will send all the information this Friday. Sorry for not sending it earlier but I have been caught up with school work!
Aatreyo B.
Churchill '21
Mira Loma '25
Amazingguysofguys
Lulu

Re: MCMT Solo (MS Only) [June 5]

This tournament was run very smoothly! Special thanks to MCMT for letting me use their set. Stats can be found here thanks to Andrew Gao! Unfortunately, the format that this tournament was run on made it not possible to upload stats to the database located on hsquizbowl.org.
Aatreyo B.
Churchill '21
Mira Loma '25