Northmont Middle School (NMMS 2) Set Available for Mirror

Dormant threads from the middle school section are preserved here.
djones
Wakka

Northmont Middle School (NMMS 2) Set Available for Mirror

Post by djones »

Northmont will be making available for mirror this year our house written Middle School set. Again this year, the set will be approximately NAQT MS difficulty. Our experienced writing team is myself, Emily Bingham, Kara Combs, and Samantha Street. I have been writing for leagues and tournaments around the state for the last decade, and Emily and Kara have extensive writing experience for OAC Regionals and State, ACE quiz bowl, and other events around Ohio. In other words, I am very confident that this will be a good set. The set is currently completely written and is being edited. It will be available for mirrors beginning on October 6th.

We have not posted last year's set to the archive because we have been asked to rework some of the questions for a middle school league this year, but if you want to see a sample packet from last year, just shoot me an email at [email protected] and I would be happy to send a packet or two over.

Last year's set was mirrored at four sites and I heard nothing but positive feedback from teams and coaches who played the set.

The distribution of the set this year is as follows:
4/4 Lit
4/4 Science
4/4 History
2/2 Fine Arts
1/1 Trash
1.5 /1.5 Geography
2.5 / 2.5 Mythology / Religion
0.5/0.5 Math
0.5/0.5 Social Science / Philosophy / Multi-Discipline

If you are interested in mirroring the set, please send me an email at [email protected]. Mirror fee is $10 per team.
David Jones
Coach, Northmont High School
djones
Wakka

Re: Northmont Middle School (NMMS 2) Set Available for Mirro

Post by djones »

Mirror Locations:
Northmont Middle School Invitational (Host Site- Ohio): October 6, 2018
Iowa Quiz Bowl Novice Event (Iowa): October 6, 2018
Columbia Independent School (Missouri): October 20, 2018
Hoover (Alabama): January 12, 2019
David Jones