Online Quiz Bowl Camp for Rising Middle Schoolers

Dormant threads from the middle school section are preserved here.
romeokar
Wakka

Online Quiz Bowl Camp for Rising Middle Schoolers

Post by romeokar »

Quiz Bowl Friends,

Unfortunately our Quiz Bowl season has not ended the way it should have. But assuming some sense of normalcy returns in the fall, we all have work to do to prepare for our upcoming season.

Middlesex Coach Lucy Berry and I are pleased to offer our Quiz Bowl Boot Camp through Darien Summer School. The class is for rising 6th and 7th graders and will run for two weeks (9 days) from June 29th through July 10th.

The classes will meet over Google Meet and/or Zoom from 10:30 AM - 12:30 PM EST, and will include lessons on science, history, literature, and the arts. Players will complete in scrimmages and sharpen their skills as a quiz bowl player. We have been running this camp since 2016 and are excited to open up enrollment to players beyond reasonable driving distance.

The cost of the course is $169. For more information and to sign up, visit the DSS Website. Hope to see you all (virtually) at the end of June!
Last edited by romeokar on Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ken Romeo
Middlesex Middle School
Darien, CT
osbornrj
Lulu

Re: Online Quiz Bowl Camp for Rising Middle Schoolers

Post by osbornrj »

Will there be any class on July 3?
Robin Osborne
Alabama School of Cyber Technology and Engineering (parent)
American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics Greater Huntsville Section (Associate Fellow)
romeokar
Wakka

Post by romeokar »

No classes on July 3rd!
Ken Romeo
Middlesex Middle School
Darien, CT
romeokar
Wakka

Post by romeokar »

I am so excited for the start of our camp! We have increased the cap on the number of students a few times, but space is limited, and we are approaching that limit faster than I expected.

Please sign up soon and let me know if you have any questions.
Ken Romeo
Middlesex Middle School
Darien, CT
sidetrack
Kimahri

Post by sidetrack »

Is there any way to register for the remaining week? I have a student interested but we missed the first week. Let me know! Thanks.

User was reminded to add a signature - Mgmt