South Alabama Summer Practice?

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
tktennis
Lulu

South Alabama Summer Practice?

Post by tktennis »

Hey boards! I happen to have a set of buzzers for the summer that my school has graciously let me borrow, and I am looking for people who would be interested in setting up buzzers some times this summer. We can just practice, play our own questions, or even play tournaments with each other if we get enough people involved.

Meetings would be in Daphne, Alabama, maybe at Bayside Academy outdoors and maybe at Daphne library, and once we get a solid enough group going we can do it at my place. This is just so people can say if they're interested. All are welcome, although preferably at the high school level or higher. I don't mind playing upper dif. high school or reg. college if for example there's some USA players interested.

If interested, please post on this thread so we can discuss more and show our interest levels. I can probably get some Bayside players (including my brother) out sporadically.
Trent Kannegieter
Captain, A Team
Bayside Academy '17
Daphne, Alabama
[email protected]
Joshua Rutsky
Tidus

Re: South Alabama Summer Practice?

Post by Joshua Rutsky »

Trent, you should absolutely consider coming up to Tuscaloosa for ACE Camp this summer. With the level of interest you've expressed here in improving your team, you would be someone who could really benefit from the high-intensity study it offers. See www.aceqb.com for details.
Joshua Rutsky
VP for Curriculum and Camp Operations, Qwiz
ASCA Board Member
Hoover High School Coach (Retired)
kdoss61
Lulu

Post by kdoss61 »

I second that. This camp has definitely helped me improve as a player. To get the most out of it, it would be best if you could get your entire team to come as well. It may seem expensive, but it is worth it. Try and talk your sponsor to come as well. They will be able to attend for free.
Krystian Doss
Good Hope High School (2011-2015), Club President (2013-2015)
Wallace State Community College (2015)
University of South Alabama (2015-2019)

Member of the Electric Kool-Aid Acid Men
tktennis
Lulu

Post by tktennis »

Joshua Rutsky wrote:Trent, you should absolutely consider coming up to Tuscaloosa for ACE Camp this summer. With the level of interest you've expressed here in improving your team, you would be someone who could really benefit from the high-intensity study it offers. See http://www.aceqb.com for details.
I would really love to come up there, unfortunately I have another commitment... I am representing the southeast in the national clay court tennis championships during the ACE camp in Tuscaloosa. If not, I definitely would be coming. Until then, I have plenty of packets, it's just working with others is hard.

I shared the camps with my team, and they did not seem too excited by the idea unfortunately... I wouldn't even have to put out this SA summer practice feeler if I could get them to come out, yknow?

To the poster who is coming to USA, please keep in touch when you get here! I would love to practice.
Trent Kannegieter
Captain, A Team
Bayside Academy '17
Daphne, Alabama
[email protected]