The Partnership for Academic Competition Excellence is again seeking nominations for new members! Nominations are due to Victor Prieto at [email protected] by December 31, 2019.
The Partnership for Academic Competition Excellence (PACE) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, volunteer alliance of advocates and organizers for the game of high school quizbowl and related scholastic competitions. PACE members commit themselves to outreach projects, organization of the NSC, or both, as well as attending virtual meetings every month or so. PACE frequently collaborates with other high school and college academic competition organizations to achieve greater success in its projects. In our members, we are looking for a dual interest in:
- the growth of high school quizbowl in many different aspects (listed here)
- providing an opportunity for high school quizbowl players to compete against other teams on the national stage at NSC (in some sense, a subset of the first interest, so the first interest really is the broader goal).
- successful outreach efforts
- strong tournament direction skills
- leadership roles in local or regional quizbowl organizations
- steadfast commitment to projects that improve competitions or the quizbowl community in general
- experience in head editing question sets
- specialized technical skills (i.e. video editing skills, experience handling an organization's finances, web design)
If you're interested in learning more about what it's like to work for PACE, feel free to take a look at a 2016 thread on the subject, or reach out to me or any other PACE officer.