Iowa Knowledge Bowl - Free online test for students

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
iowaknowledgebowl
Lulu

Iowa Knowledge Bowl - Free online test for students

Post by iowaknowledgebowl »

Like everywhere else we have had to cancel our competitions. A few days ago the Iowa Knowledge Bowl launched an online competition for the students to at least practice and stay connected while things are working towards solving/improving the COVID-19 problem.

The online competition has been opened up to all students no matter where they are located. I would like to invite you to check out our homepage and our testing process and would invite you to send this email (or link to our website) to fellow coaches, teachers and students so that they can take advantage of this FREE service from the Iowa Knowledge Bowl. I also am personally interested in any feedback that you may have as this helps us to make improvements. It is very easy to register and take the test and there is no cost for this service and the students can access the test and participate, on their own, based on their own schedules.

We will be adding about 2 sets of new test questions per week for students to use. They are divided into Junior High and High School questions and each test consist of 75 questions. We are working on ways to display results so students can see how they have done and should have that up in the near future. If you have any questions please reach out to me, my contact information is below.

Thanks

Ed Kaizer
515-291-6097

www.iowakb.com :smile:
Ed Kaizer
Iowa Knowledge Bowl
iowaknowledgebowl
Lulu

Re: Iowa Knowledge Bowl - Free online test for students

Post by iowaknowledgebowl »

The Iowa Knowledge Bowl has implemented a scoring system for students to see how they have done on the Iowa Knowledge Bowl 2020 Spring Challenge Competitions. Every hour our system will calculate what % group your score falls into. Scores will be broken down as follows. Top 10%, Top 20%, Top 30%, Top 40%, Top 50%, Bottom 50%.

Since students will be taking different test on different days your % ranking can change as more students complete the exam before the "End Date" of that particular test. Once the exam closes we can publish exact placement % for your scores on your account page.

Have fun, practice testing, stay engaged and share your scores!
Ed Kaizer
Iowa Knowledge Bowl