ACF Statistics Database

Tell your tales of bygone days and rank historical things here.
ryanrosenberg
Auron

ACF Statistics Database

Post by ryanrosenberg »

I'm happy to announce the release of the ACF Statistics Database, a website collecting results from ACF Nationals since 2005. This database collects team and player statistics across multiple tournaments, provides nice box scores for individual games, and even has a record book.

What data is in here? Is anything missing?
The database contains results from ACF Nationals 2005-2019, excepting the superplayoff stats from 2011 and the finals stats from 2005 and 2009. If anyone has information on the statistics from those games, please contact me at [email protected]. ACF Nationals before 2005 did not keep stats with sufficient detail to include in the database.

Something looks wrong! How do I get it fixed?
Please email me at [email protected] to report data errors. I would also appreciate information on the last names of people who do not currently have them in the database.

Are you planning on doing this for Fall and Regionals as well? What about other tournaments on the database?
The scale of this project becomes a lot greater for Regionals and (especially) Fall. It's not impossible that results from Fall and Regionals will be added in the future, but it would likely be a shorter timescale. Adding in non-ACF tournaments is also technically possible (since this is just scraping the current database), but I don't have capacity to work on it as of now.
Ryan Rosenberg
North Carolina '16
ACF
naan/steak-holding toll
Auron

Re: ACF Statistics Database

Post by naan/steak-holding toll »

Minor thing - the statistics seem to be counting tiebreaker games as full games for PPG purposes (i.e. Columbia 2019 is counted as playing 17 games, but it played only 16 games worth of tossups).
Will Alston
Dartmouth College '16
Columbia Business School '21
Muriel Axon
Tidus

Post by Muriel Axon »

This is a fun website, Ryan! Thanks for putting it together.
Shan Kothari

Plymouth High School '10
Michigan State University '14
University of Minnesota '20
ryanrosenberg
Auron

Post by ryanrosenberg »

Periplus of the Erythraean Sea wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:09 pm Minor thing - the statistics seem to be counting tiebreaker games as full games for PPG purposes (i.e. Columbia 2019 is counted as playing 17 games, but it played only 16 games worth of tossups).
This has been fixed.
Ryan Rosenberg
North Carolina '16
ACF
A Dim-Witted Saboteur
Yuna

Post by A Dim-Witted Saboteur »

ryanrosenberg wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:38 am
Periplus of the Erythraean Sea wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:09 pm Minor thing - the statistics seem to be counting tiebreaker games as full games for PPG purposes (i.e. Columbia 2019 is counted as playing 17 games, but it played only 16 games worth of tossups).
This has been fixed.
I also noticed that for some recent nationals, WUSTL is treated as equivalent to Washington. I'll echo the praise above in this thread; this is a great website.

EDIT: nvm this apparently got fixed since I last looked
Jakob M. (they/them)
Michigan State '21, Indiana '2?
"No one has ever organized a greater effort to get people interested in pretending to play quiz bowl"
-Ankit Aggarwal