Early Autumn Collegiate Novice at Washington (10/9/2010)

Old college threads.
Mike Bentley
Sin

Early Autumn Collegiate Novice at Washington (10/9/2010)

Post by Mike Bentley »

The Quizbowl Team at University of Washington will be hosting a mirror of the ACF sponsored Early Autumn Collegiate Novice Tournament on Saturday, October 9th, 2010. This is an event geared towards new players of collegiate quizbowl (see the eligibility rules listed below).

ELIGIBILITY:
1. All ACF eligibility rules apply, except when they contradict the rules below.
2. This is a tournament for introducing collegiate novices to quizbowl. Consequently, no high school teams or players are eligible.
3. Anyone (who does not break Rules 1 or 2) who has never played quizbowl before is automatically eligible. Other academic competition does not count as quizbowl for this rule.
4. Players meeting one or more of the following criteria must apply to the head editor for special permission to play:
i. If you have already completed your second year of college (calculated from time in college, not credits).
ii. If you were ever on a playoff team at NAQT HSNCT or PACE NSC.
iii. If you have ever scored at least 30 points per game at any college tournament.
iv. If you have ever won any college tournament.
5. Anyone who does not fall into any of the four categories listed in Rule 4 is automatically eligible to play.

PRICING:
+$15 Base Fee Per Player (thus a team of four would have a base fee of $60)
-$5 Buzzer Discount Per Team

TIME AND LOCATION:
Registration will be from 10:00 AM until 10:30 AM in Denny Hall at the University of Washington on Saturday, October 9th, 2010. Teams should park in Lot N5 or N1, which costs $6 for the day.

TO REGISTER:
To register, please contact me, Mike Bentley, at [email protected]. Let me know the school you’re from, how many teams and players you’re bringing and if you’re bringing any buzzers.

Hope to see everyone in October.

Mike Bentley
Tournament Director
Mike Bentley
VP of Editing, Partnership for Academic Competition Excellence
Adviser, Quizbowl Team at University of Washington
University of Maryland, Class of 2008

tiwonge
Yuna

Re: Early Autumn Collegiate Novice at Washington (10/9/2010)

Post by tiwonge »

Still working on getting a group together. There's a possibility that I might come with Joe Taylor (from College of Idaho) and one or two people from Boise State.

I don't imagine you need a reader or anything, but I'm available if you need it. And if I come.
Colin McNamara, Boise State University
PACE
Idaho Quiz & Academic Teams

Mike Bentley
Sin

Post by Mike Bentley »

Field Update:

UW - 2-3 probably
Seattle - 1
Boise/Idaho - 1

I'm still waiting to hear final confirmation from Portland State and Pacific Lutheran about whether they're bringing teams or not. I'm also going to try to get in contact with some people at Seattle Pacific University to see if there's interest in fielding a team from there.
Mike Bentley

Mike Bentley
Sin

Post by Mike Bentley »

Mike Bentley