2012 MUT @ Claremont (4/14)

Old college threads.
claremontqb
Kimahri

2012 MUT @ Claremont (4/14)

Post by claremontqb » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:36 am

This is the general announcement for the Claremont Colleges mirror of this year's Minnesota Undergraduate Tournament (MUT), which will be held in Claremont on Saturday, April 14, 2012. The difficulty of MUT this year will be approximately the same as past few, or between ACF Fall and ACF Regionals in difficulty. You can find more information about it here: http://www.hsquizbowl.org/forums/viewto ... =8&t=12309.

FEES:
Base fee per team: $100
Competent Moderator: -$10 each
Functional Buzzer: -$10 each
Distance: -$10 per 200 miles traveled (one way), as determined by Google Maps
Minimum Fee per team: $60

ELIGIBILITY:
This tournament is only for undergraduate students, as the name implies.

To register, please e-mail me at camille.cole@pomona.edu with the number of teams, buzzers and staffers you plan to bring, along with an e-mail address where you can contacted with details.

PARKING:
This tournament, like previous Claremont tournaments, will be held in Mason Hall, on the corner of Fourth St and College Ave. There is a parking lot on Fourth, which is free.The address of Mason Hall is 550 North College Ave. To get there, get off the 10 at exit 47 (Indian Hill Boulevard). Either follow the signs for the Claremont Colleges, or if you are coming from the west (so you would be on 10 East) take a left at the exit. If you are coming from the east, take a right at the exit. Drive north on Indian Hill. Make sure you stay out of the right lane until you are north of 1st St. Make a right on 4th, and the parking lot will be on your left. It says faculty only, but that doesn't matter on weekends. Just don't park in any of the zipcar spots.

TIMES:
Registration will begin at 8:30, with the goal of starting Round 1 as soon as possible after 9:00.

PAYMENT:
Either pay cash or checks made out to "5C Quizbowl." Let me know if you need an invoice in advance.

If you have any questions, you can contact me at camille.cole@pomona.edu

EDIT: so far I have interest from 2 UCLA, 1 UCSD, possibly 1 UCI, and possibly 1 house team
Last edited by claremontqb on Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Camille Cole
Pomona '12

Golran
Auron

Re: 2012 MUT @ Claremont (4/14)

Post by Golran » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:40 am

I plan to be there, and I'll try to get some other UCLA people to go too.

Edit: After a quick e-mail to our listserv, expect at least 2 UCLA teams. We'll see about getting buzzers.
Drayer the Slayer
currently unaffiliated

claremontqb
Kimahri

Re: 2012 MUT @ Claremont (4/14)

Post by claremontqb » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:03 am

Camille Cole
Pomona '12