ACF Regionals at the University of Oklahoma (02-18-17)

Old college threads.
Picasso's Middle Name
Wakka

ACF Regionals at the University of Oklahoma (02-18-17)

Post by Picasso's Middle Name » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:17 pm

The University of Oklahoma Academic Team is excited to announce that we are hosting the Great Plains mirror of ACF Regionals on Saturday, February 18th, 2017. I, Tracey Hickman, will be directing the tournament with the help of OU's A-team. More information about the set and packet submission can be found in the global announcement: http://www.hsquizbowl.org/forums/viewto ... =8&t=19259 .

Logistics
Games will be played in the Physical Science Building. Check-in will be from 8:15 AM to 8:45 AM in the main lobby, unless we are able to reserve an auditorium of lecture hall. Games will start promptly at 9:00 AM.

I am setting a preliminary field cap at 17 teams, this can be expanded if we are able to find enough moderators to accommodate more teams.

Parking
Parking at the university on weekends is pretty lenient. I would suggest parking at either the parking garage or the lots near the building and Parrington Oval.

Packet Submission
As noted in the tournament announcement, any team that contains a player who played a collegiate, regular-difficulty academic tournament prior to September 1, 2015 is required to submit a packet.
The submission schedule for this tournament is:
December 11th, 2016: -$50
December 28th, 2016: -$25
January 8th, 2017: +$0
January 22nd, 2017: +$25
February 5th, 2017: +$50
After that, +$10 for each additional day that you're late.
After February 12th, you will be dropped from the tournament, with no exceptions.

Cost
Base fee: $135
Buzzer: -$5/functional system
Staffers: -$10/experienced staffer
Shorthanded fee (teams of less than 3 players): -$75
New to quizbowl base fee: $-35

Payment
All payment will be handled by ACF. The University of Oklahoma Academic Team will not be accepting any form of payment.

Additional Information
Please email me at tracey.s.hickman (at) gmail[dot]com to register for the tournament. Also direct any questions that you might have regarding the tournament, Norman, the university, etc. to that same email address. We look forward to seeing you all in Norman!
Tracey Hickman
Rock Creek High School 2012
Redlands CC 2014 A.A. English
Central Oklahoma 2016 B.A. American Languages and Literature
Coach, Coalgate Schools (OK)
Curriculum Director, Oklahoma Quizbowl Camps

Picasso's Middle Name
Wakka

Re: ACF Regionals at the University of Oklahoma (02-18-17)

Post by Picasso's Middle Name » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:00 pm

This tournament happened, with an extremely small field. Oklahoma B went undefeated to win the tournament outright.

Stats can be found here: http://www.hsquizbowl.org/db/tournament ... ats/final/
Tracey Hickman
Rock Creek High School 2012
Redlands CC 2014 A.A. English
Central Oklahoma 2016 B.A. American Languages and Literature
Coach, Coalgate Schools (OK)
Curriculum Director, Oklahoma Quizbowl Camps