Math Monstrosity at HSNCT and MSNCT

Old college threads.
Locked
User avatar
CPiGuy
Tidus
Posts: 609
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:19 pm
Location: Ann Arbor, MI

Math Monstrosity at HSNCT and MSNCT

Post by CPiGuy » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:34 pm

Hello,

This is a formal announcement that Math Monstrosity, my tossups-only math side event, will be run at HSNCT on Saturday evening (more info on the set here). I will charge $10 a player, and the format will be doubles unless there proves to be either a glut of players or a dearth of staffers.

Because it will likely start rather late, it is likely that not all 12 packets will be read. No matter how many teams sign up, at least 6 packets will be read, and if there are more than four teams, that minimum will likely go up to 7 or 8. I will try to have the tournament encompass as many of the packets as possible. Additionally, after the completion of the tournament, I would be more than willing to read the remaining packets in a shootout fashion for those who wish to stay and hear them.

Please note that Laurence Li's Fight the Power hip-hop tournament is also likely being run that evening; if you would rather play that tournament, do not despair -- Math Monstrosity will likely be run over the summer or in the fall in its entirety. (Additionally, if you'll be at both HSNCT and MSNCT, you can play both before then -- see below!)

The signup spreadsheet can be found here. Feel free to form teams or sign up as free agents.


This has happened. Power Set (Jake Sundberg, Harrison Brown) won, with Harrison Brown as top scorer.

-------

I am also running a similarly abridged version of the set at MSNCT on Saturday evening, with the same pricing and format. A sign-up sheet is here for that tournament, for players and staffers.

As a special note for middle-schoolers, I will allow any team composed exclusively of middle-schoolers to contain up to four players, as long as there are still enough players to make up at least four teams (that is, the number of players not on the team is at least six). Additionally, free-agent team assignments will be determined by the random number gods, so if you have strong preferences about playing with a middle schooler or a college player, please contact me and I'll attempt to accomodate such requests.


This tournament happened. Terence Tao, This is Stupid Stuff (Alex Damisch and Jonah Greenthal) cleared the field to win; Mike Sorice (Coppell, Fermat's Last Disgrace) was top scorer, and Shiva Oswal (Longfellow/Pi-oneers) was the top middle school scorer.

------

Some number of staffers will be needed for these tournaments; if you would like to staff, please indicate as such on the spreadsheets. Staffers will be compensated, probably in the form of $15.

-------

Unfortunately, I will not be at NSC. Devin Humphreys will be running a mirror of the set at NSC. An announcement for that is here.

-------

In accordance with NAQT's side event policy, I should make clear that this tournament is in no way endorsed, sponsored, or associated with NAQT.
Last edited by CPiGuy on Sun May 28, 2017 2:33 am, edited 9 times in total.
Conor Thompson
Bangor HS (Maine) '16
Michigan '20

User avatar
The Ununtiable Twine
Yuna
Posts: 997
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:09 pm
Location: Lafayette, LA

Re: Math Monstrosity at HSNCT and MSNCT

Post by The Ununtiable Twine » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:39 pm

If you are planning on running the tournament at both MSNCT and HSNCT, are you planning to run one half of the questions at one of the tournaments and the other half at the other tournament? Naturally, I would like to hear the whole set (I won't be at NSC).
Jake Sundberg
Louisiana '04-'10, '14-'16, '18-'xx
Alabama '10-14
President, University of Louisiana at Lafayette Club for Academic Competition

User avatar
CPiGuy
Tidus
Posts: 609
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:19 pm
Location: Ann Arbor, MI

Re: Math Monstrosity at HSNCT and MSNCT

Post by CPiGuy » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:55 pm

The Ununtiable Twine wrote:If you are planning on running the tournament at both MSNCT and HSNCT, are you planning to run one half of the questions at one of the tournaments and the other half at the other tournament? Naturally, I would like to hear the whole set (I won't be at NSC).
If there's major overlap between the fields, then yes. Otherwise (if only 2-3 people are going to, and express interest in playing Math Monstrosity at, both), I will probably run more than six packets per tournament, and ask that people going to both play at MSNCT and staff for me at HSNCT (since there'll probably be more people only at HSNCT than the other way around). There's also the fact that I don't know how many people actually go to MSNCT, so I wasn't sure if that one would even happen (but, like, two people are already on the free agent list, so it looks pretty likely that eight people in total will play).
As I said above, if I end up running, like, 7-10 packets of the tournament, I'll run the rest as a shootout for those who want to stay and hear it.

Also, I might actually be able to get through all 12 packets at MSNCT, since staff is free around 6:30 rather than 7:30, so running a 4-hour tournament after rounds isn't impossible.

No matter what ends up happening, everyone who plays will have the opportunity to hear all of the packets at the buzzer.
Conor Thompson
Bangor HS (Maine) '16
Michigan '20

User avatar
The Ununtiable Twine
Yuna
Posts: 997
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:09 pm
Location: Lafayette, LA

Re: Math Monstrosity at HSNCT and MSNCT

Post by The Ununtiable Twine » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:12 pm

CPiGuy wrote:
The Ununtiable Twine wrote:If you are planning on running the tournament at both MSNCT and HSNCT, are you planning to run one half of the questions at one of the tournaments and the other half at the other tournament? Naturally, I would like to hear the whole set (I won't be at NSC).
No matter what ends up happening, everyone who plays will have the opportunity to hear all of the packets at the buzzer.
yayyyyyy
Jake Sundberg
Louisiana '04-'10, '14-'16, '18-'xx
Alabama '10-14
President, University of Louisiana at Lafayette Club for Academic Competition

User avatar
dhumphreys17
Wakka
Posts: 145
Joined: Sat May 23, 2015 3:16 pm

Re: Math Monstrosity at HSNCT and MSNCT

Post by dhumphreys17 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:09 am

CPiGuy wrote: Finally, I understand that there is demand for this tournament to be run at PACE NSC. Unfortunately, I will not be at NSC. If anyone would be interested in running the tournament there, please PM or email me at conchuirgaeilge@gmail.com so I can get you the packets, and so that we can decide on compensation.
I, however, will be at NSC, have talked this over with Conor, and will run Math Monstrosity there.
Devin James John Bartholomew Humphreys
Team Captain, Sacred Heart Academy High School (MI), Class of 2017
Michigan State University, anticipated Class of 2020

scholarhillery
Lulu
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:27 pm

Re: Math Monstrosity at HSNCT and MSNCT

Post by scholarhillery » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:44 am

dhumphreys17 wrote: I, however, will be at NSC, have talked this over with Conor, and will run Math Monstrosity there.
Yay! I personally will only be at NSC and would love to hear the whole tournament . . .

Is there a signup for the NSC one?
Jon Hillery
William Henry Harrison High School (IN), 2014-2018

idek
Lulu
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:29 pm

Re: Math Monstrosity at HSNCT and MSNCT

Post by idek » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:22 pm

Sounds fun, I might go to the PACE a playing of Math Monstrosity, seeing as it doesn't conflict with USABB Nats.
Vishal Sivamani
Coppell

User avatar
dhumphreys17
Wakka
Posts: 145
Joined: Sat May 23, 2015 3:16 pm

Re: Math Monstrosity at HSNCT and MSNCT

Post by dhumphreys17 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:40 pm

scholarhillery wrote:
dhumphreys17 wrote: I, however, will be at NSC, have talked this over with Conor, and will run Math Monstrosity there.
Yay! I personally will only be at NSC and would love to hear the whole tournament . . .

Is there a signup for the NSC one?
There is indeed. The signup is on the same spreadsheet as the HSNCT signup, but on a different tab.
Devin James John Bartholomew Humphreys
Team Captain, Sacred Heart Academy High School (MI), Class of 2017
Michigan State University, anticipated Class of 2020

User avatar
CPiGuy
Tidus
Posts: 609
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:19 pm
Location: Ann Arbor, MI

Re: Math Monstrosity at HSNCT and MSNCT

Post by CPiGuy » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:15 pm

I wrote:I am also running a similarly abridged version of the set at MSNCT on Saturday evening, with the same pricing and format. A sign-up sheet is here for that tournament, for players and staffers.

As a special note for middle-schoolers, I will allow any team composed exclusively of middle-schoolers to contain up to four players, as long as there are still enough players to make up at least four teams (that is, the number of players not on the team is at least six). Additionally, free-agent team assignments will be determined by the random number gods, so if you have strong preferences about playing with a middle schooler or a college player, please contact me and I'll attempt to accomodate such requests.
That is to say, this is officially happening at MSNCT. Yay!
Conor Thompson
Bangor HS (Maine) '16
Michigan '20

User avatar
CPiGuy
Tidus
Posts: 609
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:19 pm
Location: Ann Arbor, MI

Re: Math Monstrosity at HSNCT and MSNCT

Post by CPiGuy » Mon May 08, 2017 9:48 pm

So, some specific details about the MSNCT edition of this:

We will meet between 6:30 and 6:45, finalize team formation and scheduling, and then play the tournament. We'll use the Dennard, Matthews, and Wentzel rooms, which are apparently on the upper level. After the tournament has finished, I will read all the unread packets in a shootout fashion for anyone who wishes to stay and hear them.

Additionally, we are still in need of at least one staffer, and possibly two if more players sign up. You are also, of course, welcome and encouraged to sign up and come play -- right up until we start!

One last note -- you cannot sign up for both the MSNCT and HSNCT runnings of this tournament; there will be overlap between which packets are read where. If you are signed up for both, or were considering playing at both, I strongly recommend that you play at MSNCT, both to bolster the field and also so that, if you so desire, you can staff for me at HSNCT.
Conor Thompson
Bangor HS (Maine) '16
Michigan '20

User avatar
Guile Island
Forums Staff: Administrator
Posts: 783
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:45 pm
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Re: Math Monstrosity at HSNCT and MSNCT

Post by Guile Island » Wed May 10, 2017 12:45 am

CPiGuy wrote:So, some specific details about the MSNCT edition of this:

We will meet between 6:30 and 6:45, finalize team formation and scheduling, and then play the tournament. We'll use the Dennard, Matthews, and Wentzel rooms, which are apparently on the upper level. After the tournament has finished, I will read all the unread packets in a shootout fashion for anyone who wishes to stay and hear them.

Additionally, we are still in need of at least one staffer, and possibly two if more players sign up. You are also, of course, welcome and encouraged to sign up and come play -- right up until we start!

One last note -- you cannot sign up for both the MSNCT and HSNCT runnings of this tournament; there will be overlap between which packets are read where. If you are signed up for both, or were considering playing at both, I strongly recommend that you play at MSNCT, both to bolster the field and also so that, if you so desire, you can staff for me at HSNCT.

Any chance we can run the MSNCT site as a shootout with 2 or 3 rooms and promotion/relegation instead of team-based? It'll simplify the whole schedulemaking and team formation part of the event. If people are super attached to the idea of playing in teams I'm fine with that too, though.
Dylan Minarik
PACE (Former Director of Communications, 2018-19 season)

Northwestern '17
Belvidere North High School '13

JRPG Champion, BACK TO BACK Robot Slayer

User avatar
Aaron's Rod
Sec. of Cursed Images, Chicago SJW Cabal
Posts: 589
Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:29 pm

Re: Math Monstrosity at HSNCT and MSNCT

Post by Aaron's Rod » Wed May 10, 2017 12:49 am

Robert Williams Avenger wrote:
CPiGuy wrote:So, some specific details about the MSNCT edition of this:

We will meet between 6:30 and 6:45, finalize team formation and scheduling, and then play the tournament. We'll use the Dennard, Matthews, and Wentzel rooms, which are apparently on the upper level. After the tournament has finished, I will read all the unread packets in a shootout fashion for anyone who wishes to stay and hear them.

Additionally, we are still in need of at least one staffer, and possibly two if more players sign up. You are also, of course, welcome and encouraged to sign up and come play -- right up until we start!

One last note -- you cannot sign up for both the MSNCT and HSNCT runnings of this tournament; there will be overlap between which packets are read where. If you are signed up for both, or were considering playing at both, I strongly recommend that you play at MSNCT, both to bolster the field and also so that, if you so desire, you can staff for me at HSNCT.

Any chance we can run the MSNCT site as a shootout with 2 or 3 rooms and promotion/relegation instead of team-based? It'll simplify the whole schedulemaking and team formation part of the event. If people are super attached to the idea of playing in teams I'm fine with that too, though.
I am attached to the idea of playing in teams. I believe Dylan has now found a teammate.
Alex D.
ACF
http://tinyurl.com/qbmisconduct

"You operate at a shorter wavelength and higher frequency than most human beings." —Victor Prieto

User avatar
CPiGuy
Tidus
Posts: 609
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:19 pm
Location: Ann Arbor, MI

Re: Math Monstrosity at HSNCT and MSNCT

Post by CPiGuy » Wed May 10, 2017 12:54 am

Aaron's Rod wrote:
Robert Williams Avenger wrote:
CPiGuy wrote:So, some specific details about the MSNCT edition of this:

We will meet between 6:30 and 6:45, finalize team formation and scheduling, and then play the tournament. We'll use the Dennard, Matthews, and Wentzel rooms, which are apparently on the upper level. After the tournament has finished, I will read all the unread packets in a shootout fashion for anyone who wishes to stay and hear them.

Additionally, we are still in need of at least one staffer, and possibly two if more players sign up. You are also, of course, welcome and encouraged to sign up and come play -- right up until we start!

One last note -- you cannot sign up for both the MSNCT and HSNCT runnings of this tournament; there will be overlap between which packets are read where. If you are signed up for both, or were considering playing at both, I strongly recommend that you play at MSNCT, both to bolster the field and also so that, if you so desire, you can staff for me at HSNCT.

Any chance we can run the MSNCT site as a shootout with 2 or 3 rooms and promotion/relegation instead of team-based? It'll simplify the whole schedulemaking and team formation part of the event. If people are super attached to the idea of playing in teams I'm fine with that too, though.
I am attached to the idea of playing in teams. I believe Dylan has now found a teammate.
I've already made schedules up for various numbers of teams; the only thing we'll have to do is assign free agents to teams and then have me write the schedule on a piece of paper for people to take pictures of -- it shouldn't take long.
Conor Thompson
Bangor HS (Maine) '16
Michigan '20

User avatar
dxdtdemon
Rikku
Posts: 387
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:46 pm
Location: Beavercreek, OH

Re: Math Monstrosity at HSNCT and MSNCT

Post by dxdtdemon » Wed May 10, 2017 4:44 am

I'm planning on playing this weekend regardless of how it's structured.
Jonathan Graham
Beavercreek HS 1999-2003, Ohio State 2003-2007, Wright State (possibly playing)2012-2015
moderator/scorekeeper at some tournaments in Ohio, and sometimes elsewhere
"Ohio has a somewhat fractured quizbowl circuit, with a few small pockets of intense competition (like in Mahoning County) and with the rest scattered around the state."-Chris Chiego

User avatar
CPiGuy
Tidus
Posts: 609
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:19 pm
Location: Ann Arbor, MI

Re: Math Monstrosity at HSNCT and MSNCT

Post by CPiGuy » Thu May 11, 2017 10:57 pm

Alright, so:

Currently there are ~7.5 teams (counting free agents) signed up to play at MSNCT. There are two moderators at the moment, including myself. Here are the things which are probably going to happen:

-- If there continues to be only two moderators, we'll have 7 teams and the bye team will read in the third room.
-- If there are three moderators, then either we'll stick with seven teams, or if there's a nontrivial number of new signups, we'll go to nine teams with the bye team reading in the fourth room.
-- If there are four moderators, we'll have eight teams, or if a couple people signed up don't play, we'll enter the null set as the eighth team (meaning bye teams will still get to play the packets against empty chairs).

Obviously, four moderators is preferred, so if you are able and willing to moderate, it would be greatly appreciated. Having said that, I'm confident we'll be able to have a good tournament no matter what.

In any event, I'm looking forward to a fun weekend of quizbowl this weekend, and a great evening of math on Saturday!
Conor Thompson
Bangor HS (Maine) '16
Michigan '20

User avatar
CPiGuy
Tidus
Posts: 609
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:19 pm
Location: Ann Arbor, MI

Re: Math Monstrosity at HSNCT and MSNCT

Post by CPiGuy » Fri May 12, 2017 4:26 pm

Okaaaaay. I was not expecting to see this many people sign up (but I'm delighted nonetheless).

Firstly, if you are planning on paying me for the tournament ($10) electronically, you can feel free to do so at any time from now to when we play -- it would be helpful to avoid the pre-tournament crush of trying to determine who has paid how much when. My Venmo username is the same as my forums username, and quite frankly I have no idea how to find me on Paypal (having never actually paid anyone else on Paypal), but I do have it. You can also, obviously, pay physically.

There are currently 9 teams signed up, 3 moderators, and four free agents, one of whom has indicated his willingness to moderate if necessary. As such, I am closing signups. Every effort will be made to allow everyone currently signed up or on the free agent list to play, up to and including aggressively combining together middle school teams (possibly, but to as little degree as possible and hopefully not at all, including splitting players who are together on existing teams) and giving some nonzero number of teams a third player. Assuming everything remains as it does now, the format will be a round-robin with nine teams and the bye team reading in the fourth room.

In the event that two more moderators materialise (or just one moderator, and the aforementioned free-agent continues to be willing to staff), AND we are able to get five rooms, we will do a ten-team round-robin. There will likely be far less manipulation required in this event -- at most, two middle school teams will be asked to play together. Again, this scenario is contingent on both further moderators and access to more rooms.

My apologies to any interested parties who are unable to play. I encourage anybody interested to play at HSNCT or NSC (particularly the latter -- the field could use it right now), to try to organize Math Monstrosity at a summer open in some fashion, or if neither of those are available to you, to play the Skype mirror I'll be running after summer opens.

Additionally, due to the unexpectedly large field, we will not be meeting in Dennard/Matthews/Wetzel as previously announced. I will make a post at some future time before the tournament to announce which rooms we will be using and/or where to meet, and also to provide updates (if such exist) on the expected format.

Thanks again to everyone playing and moderating!
Conor Thompson
Bangor HS (Maine) '16
Michigan '20

User avatar
CPiGuy
Tidus
Posts: 609
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:19 pm
Location: Ann Arbor, MI

Re: Math Monstrosity at HSNCT and MSNCT

Post by CPiGuy » Sat May 13, 2017 12:27 am

Update: we have secured two more moderators. As such, we will have ten teams and no byes. The games will be held in the Executive Conference rooms on the 11th floor. So, meet there around 6:30-6:45.
Conor Thompson
Bangor HS (Maine) '16
Michigan '20

User avatar
CPiGuy
Tidus
Posts: 609
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:19 pm
Location: Ann Arbor, MI

Re: Math Monstrosity at HSNCT and MSNCT

Post by CPiGuy » Sun May 14, 2017 12:16 am

This happened at MSNCT. Thanks to everyone who played or staffed -- it was a great time. Terence Tao, This is Stupid Stuff (Alex Damisch and Jonah Greenthal) cleared the field and won the tournament. Mike Sorice of Coppell West Middle School was the top scorer.

Special appreciation to the nine (!) middle-schoolers who came out and played a very hard set -- major props.

There are staaaaaaaaaats.

I've requested a private discussion forum; feel free to email me if you want the set.
Last edited by CPiGuy on Sun May 14, 2017 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Conor Thompson
Bangor HS (Maine) '16
Michigan '20

User avatar
Silverman
Lulu
Posts: 89
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:58 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Math Monstrosity at HSNCT and MSNCT

Post by Silverman » Sun May 14, 2017 1:00 am

CPiGuy wrote:Terence Tao, This is Stupid Stuff
10/10
Steven Silverman
Unionville High School '13
Carnegie Mellon University '17

User avatar
CPiGuy
Tidus
Posts: 609
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:19 pm
Location: Ann Arbor, MI

Re: Math Monstrosity at HSNCT and MSNCT

Post by CPiGuy » Sun May 21, 2017 10:49 pm

So, this is happening in six days at HSNCT. Some things:

-- The format is likely to be split into two groups, playing round-robin, and then rebracketing. (I'm open to suggestions on whether to do, say, 3-3 or 2-2-2 and carryover/not).

-- There are currently ten teams' worth of players. This is welcome to increase. If you are planning on playing, please sign up as a free agent so I have an idea of how many people to expect. Likewise, if you are not planning on playing, please remove your name from the signup sheet.

-- I am still in need of some number of moderators. (Also, if there's anyone who doesn't want to moderate the whole time, but would be willing to moderate the first 30 minutes or so, let me know -- one of my moderators will be playing João and therefore will be a little late). Also, if you are moderating, please have some electronic device to read the questions from (a phone is fine if you're willing; the margins are super wide so it'll probably be easier to read on a phone than a normal packet). I will bring scoresheets.
Conor Thompson
Bangor HS (Maine) '16
Michigan '20

User avatar
CPiGuy
Tidus
Posts: 609
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:19 pm
Location: Ann Arbor, MI

Re: Math Monstrosity at HSNCT and MSNCT

Post by CPiGuy » Wed May 24, 2017 6:21 pm

So, given the current signup numbers, it is likely that there will be either ten or twelve teams.
If there are ten teams, then we will do either a full round-robin or two brackets of five with Randomly Assigned Crossovers (TM) which will then break into 3-2, with the 3 playing only crossovers and the 2 playing everybody.
If there are twelve teams, we will do two brackets of six and then either break to either 2-2-2 or 3-3 with crossovers only.
Regardless of field size, there will be an advantaged final unless (a) a team clears the field by two games or (b) a team has a one-game advantage and all teams in contention agree not to play a final for whatever reason. If there is some number of teams other than 10 or 12 (due to a staff shortage necessitating bye teams to staff or a large influx of signups) then I will provide an update.

If you are planning on playing, please sign up so I have an idea of how many people are playing. Everyone who is on the free agent list and comes to play will be able to play, but if you want to play, please sign up as a free agent (and conversely, if you are no longer planning on playing, please remove your name from the free agents list).

After the proper tournament, I will read the unread packets as a shootout for everyone who wishes to stay.

I could also still use more moderators; if you have already played the tournament or just want to help out, it will be greatly appreciated.
Conor Thompson
Bangor HS (Maine) '16
Michigan '20

User avatar
CPiGuy
Tidus
Posts: 609
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:19 pm
Location: Ann Arbor, MI

Re: Math Monstrosity at HSNCT and MSNCT

Post by CPiGuy » Sat May 27, 2017 12:17 am

This will take place on the International level, so meet there after competition has finished tomorrow, preferably between 7:30 and 7:45.

I would still like more moderators. If I do not get more moderators, bye teams will be needed to moderate, which while definitely feasible is decidedly non-optimal. So, please moderate. It will be very appreciated.

Also, there is definitely still space for at least one more team or set of two people to play.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!
Conor Thompson
Bangor HS (Maine) '16
Michigan '20

User avatar
CPiGuy
Tidus
Posts: 609
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:19 pm
Location: Ann Arbor, MI

Re: Math Monstrosity at HSNCT and MSNCT

Post by CPiGuy » Sat May 27, 2017 7:31 pm

So, we're in International 1. If you are playing, or staffing, or spectating (read as: getting roped in to staff), please come to international 1.
Conor Thompson
Bangor HS (Maine) '16
Michigan '20

User avatar
CPiGuy
Tidus
Posts: 609
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:19 pm
Location: Ann Arbor, MI

Re: Math Monstrosity at HSNCT and MSNCT

Post by CPiGuy » Sun May 28, 2017 2:31 am

This happened.

Power Set (Jake Sundberg and Harrison Brown) won with a massive 177 PPG, and Harrison Brown was top scorer with 113 of those. For more, see these staaaaaaaaaats.

Huge thanks to everyone who helped out with the tournament. Additionally, of course, thanks to the players as well -- this was fantastic fun.

Also, after the tournament a shoot-out was held on packets 10-12 and tiebreaks (72 questions). Stats are as follows:

Harrison Brown 19/2/9: 260
Jake Sundberg 9/4/9: 130
Ramapriya Rangaraju 6/5/4: 120
Neelav Dutta 9/2/11: 100
Jon Pinyan 4/5/2: 100
Matt Mitchell 3/2/3: 50
Conor Thompson
Bangor HS (Maine) '16
Michigan '20

User avatar
The Ununtiable Twine
Yuna
Posts: 997
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:09 pm
Location: Lafayette, LA

Re: Math Monstrosity at HSNCT and MSNCT

Post by The Ununtiable Twine » Mon May 29, 2017 10:32 pm

A truly enjoyable experience! Thanks to Conor and to everyone who read for allowing us to play this incredibly fun set. This baby will be quite the permanent jewel for my quadruple crown.
Jake Sundberg
Louisiana '04-'10, '14-'16, '18-'xx
Alabama '10-14
President, University of Louisiana at Lafayette Club for Academic Competition

Locked