Spartan Housewrite McMaster Mirror - February 23rd, 2019

Old college threads.
kanenguyen9
Lulu

Spartan Housewrite McMaster Mirror - February 23rd, 2019

Post by kanenguyen9 »

McMaster Quizbowl Club is delighted to be announced as the host of the Canadian mirror of Spartan Housewrite! Information about the nature of the tournament and its pack distribution can be found via the following link.

Location and Start Time
McMaster University Student Centre will be the specific location of the tournament, with the control room to be determined. We will be starting the first round at 9:30am, so please arrive around 9:00am to ensure that all staffers, players, and buzzers are accounted for. Lunch will occur in between the fifth and sixth rounds of play.

Registration and Fees
Registration for this tournament will be open until the noon of Thursday, February 21st, where teams wishing to register can contact me via [email protected] or via Facebook to confirm their spot. Fees associated with the tournament will be the following:
-- Base fee: $100
-- Shorthanded team discount: -$10 per shorthanded player
-- Staffer discount: -$10 per staffer that is present before 9:30am (staffers are also advised to bring a laptop)
-- Buzzer discount: -$5 per functioning buzzer
-- Travel discount: -$5 for every 200km traveled from home school to McMaster one way.
-- 'Peter Cordeiro Memorial' new QB school discount: -$35 for any team based from a non-traditional/revived QB school (eg. Western)

Fees are to be settled during the day of the tournament, where teams can pay via cash/cheque/etransfer. Please do not etransfer the fee to my e-mail.

Miscellaneous
Since there was only 5 rooms booked for the day, the tournament will be hard capped to a field of 10 teams, so sign up early if you want to be ensured a spot.

The tournament is a semi-open tournament, so college students have to play on a college team while non-college players have to play on a non-college team.

I will try my best to send out the day schedule and staffer assignments during the night of Thursday 21st to ensure that everyone is on the same page.

:party: This is all I have to say so far, and I hope to see everyone here playing Spartan Housewrite having a blast! :party:

Field (Teams/Staffers/Buzzer)
McMaster (1/2/1)
Queen's (1/0/1)
Aaron's Open Team (1/0/0)
Toronto (1/0/1)
Jay's Jabronies (1/~/~)

Other staffers: Leslie, Brian
Last edited by kanenguyen9 on Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Kane Nguyen
Cameron Heights Collegiate Institute (2013 - 2017)
McMaster University (2017 - 2022)
McMaster University (2022 - 2024)
adosreme
Rikku

Re: Spartan Housewrite McMaster Mirror - February 23rd, 2019

Post by adosreme »

Is this a semi-open mirror?
Aaron Dos Remedios
Formerly of the Waterloo School of Abstruse Canadian Inside Jokes (University of Waterloo)
kanenguyen9
Lulu

Post by kanenguyen9 »

Yes, the tournament is now designated as being semi-open.
Kane Nguyen
kanenguyen9
Lulu

Post by kanenguyen9 »

The schedule for tomorrow's tournament is posted in the following attachment.

Sorry for the delay and inconvenience for posting the schedule late.
Attachments
Spartan Housewrite Schedule.pdf
(29.68 KiB) Downloaded 137 times
Kane Nguyen
kanenguyen9
Lulu

Post by kanenguyen9 »

McMaster Quiz Bowl would like thank everyone who played, staffed or statkept and help make today's tournament be a successful one.

Now onto results. Congratulations to Toronto for achieving the tournament's best record of 9-1. I would also like to congratulate Erik, Aaron and Dennis for scoring over 70 ppg! Full stats can be seen in the following link.
Kane Nguyen