Geography Monstrosity 2019

Old college threads.
CPiGuy
Auron

Geography Monstrosity 2019

Post by CPiGuy »

Geography Monstrosity will happen tonight after the conclusion of scrimmages and ACRONYM at HSNCT.

Unfortunately, there is no set being produced specifically for the tournament. Geo Monstrosity at HSNCT is a decade-long tradition that I wouldn't want to see end, so I'll be running a mirror of Jay Misuk's GHOTI set (which has not yet been posted). If you've already played GHOTI, I'm really sorry that you can't play this, but I'd love it if one or two other people could staff.

Format will be teams if there's enough interest, shootouts otherwise. I'm boarding a plane right now so I can't make a sign up sheet. Once I get to the hotel I'll figure out a meeting spot; we'll meet there around 9:45pm.

Again, I'm really sorry for the short notice. I didn't know if I'd have to be organizing this until two hours ago. Hopefully a few people will come out to continue the tradition of very hard geo questions at HSNCT Friday night!
Conor Thompson (he/it)
Bangor High School '16
University of Michigan '20
Iowa State University '25
Tournament Format Database
CPiGuy
Auron

Re: Geography Monstrosity 2019

Post by CPiGuy »

One more thing: The tournament will be free, but you are welcome to remunerate me/Jay for it if you so desire. Don't feel obliged to, though.
Conor Thompson (he/it)
Bangor High School '16
CPiGuy
Auron

Post by CPiGuy »

We'll meet at 10:15 (I forgot HSNCT had eight scrimmage rounds) at the circle of chairs outside Imperial A. Hope to see people there -- tell your friends!
Conor Thompson (he/it)
Bangor High School '16
CPiGuy
Auron

Post by CPiGuy »

We're at the aforementioned place waiting for ACRONYM to finish.
Conor Thompson (he/it)
Bangor High School '16
i never see pigeons in wheeling
Rikku

Post by i never see pigeons in wheeling »

We’re in M103.
Ankit
Cal '16
Bellarmine College Preparatory '12
CPiGuy
Auron

Post by CPiGuy »

This happened. Four teams played a three-packet round robin. Individual stats were not kept but I have team stats which will at some point be uploaded.

Thanks to everyone who played for making GM11 happen, and special thanks to John Petrovich for staffing alongside me! Apologies for the logistical chaos -- I think it went reasonably well for a tournament planned in eight hours.

Two teams tied at 2-1 and elected not to play off for the win. They were Hunter Y (Andrew, Wesley, Jacob) and "Grogers et al" (William, John John, Jonathan).
Conor Thompson (he/it)
Bangor High School '16