Side Event Weekend (Tallahassee, FL - 6/29-30/2019) - CANCELLED

Old college threads.
wd4gdz
Tidus

Side Event Weekend (Tallahassee, FL - 6/29-30/2019) - CANCELLED

Post by wd4gdz »

This is the general announcement for the 2019 Side Event Weekend in Tallahassee, Florida. It will be hosted on Saturday, June 29, 2019 and Sunday, June 30, 2019.

Location & parking:
The tournament's location is 200 West Park Avenue and the main room for the tournament will be the Henderson Room. The primary entrance faces Call Street and is accessible via the main parking lot. The daily parking fee is $6.00.

Questions:
The question used at this tournament will be up to those interested in attending. I'll do my best to secure the most popular sets. Please vote using the appropriate post in the Facebook group "2019 Southern Summer QB League." If you don't have access to that, please send me a list of the tournaments you are most interested in from the list of Side Events posted by Raynor at the following page: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=22605

Format:
I except some of the tournaments to be team-based, and others to be individual shootouts.

Fees:
$10.00 per person + Mirror fees for each tournament you play.

Discounts:
Staff discount: $5 for each tournament you read
Buzzer discount: $5 for each fully functional system. A fully functional buzzer system is defined as follows:
A buzzer system that clearly indicates which player has buzzed.
The control unit and at least 8 activators work, including lights on either or both of the 8 activators and control unit.
If the activators plug into a control unit via a modular connector, such as a telephone plug, tape must be provided if any latching tabs are broken.

Method of payment:
I can accept cash, personal checks (made out to "William Beyer"), Paypal or Venmo.

Misc:
To officially register for this tournament, please contact [email protected] with all of the following information: Your name, the number of buzzer sets you plan to bring, any side events you are interested in staffing, and the best day-of-tournament phone contact for you.

Please feel welcome to share this announcement with anyone that you think would be interested in attending!

I reserve the right to cap the field based on availability of space and staff; the current cap is 20 people. Those registering after the field is full will be placed on a wait-list.

Neither breakfast nor lunch will be provided by the tournament.

If you have any questions, please post here or message me.
Last edited by wd4gdz on Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Billy Beyer, formerly of FSU
wd4gdz
Tidus

Re: Side Event Weekend (Tallahassee, FL - 6/29-30/2019)

Post by wd4gdz »

Schedule---

Saturday (6/29)
META (shootout, and if time permits, a couple of team rounds via auto draft) and TUPAC (shootout only)

Sunday (6/30)
FOGEY (team based)

I will also have a couple other tournaments (GOLBEZ, and Let's Remember Some Guys II) for late Saturday night and early Sunday morning.

To officially register:
Please email billybeyer at gmail dot com or post here with all of the following information: Your name, the number of buzzer sets you plan to bring, any side events you are interested in staffing, and the best day-of-tournament phone contact for you.
Alkres
Lulu

Post by Alkres »

Any chance Super Acronym could be run/ read?
Alan Kreisel. FSCJ.
wd4gdz
Tidus

Post by wd4gdz »

If things go well at this tournament, and no one else in the southeast wants to run it, maybe I can try to run it in late August.
wd4gdz
Tidus

Post by wd4gdz »

If you are interested in attending, please register ASAP. The deadline to register is Tuesday, June 25 at 3pm eastern. At that time, we can determine if there's enough people to warrant running the event.
wd4gdz
Tidus

Re: Side Event Weekend (Tallahassee, FL - 6/29-30/2019) - CANCELLED

Post by wd4gdz »

Unfortunately, this tournament has been cancelled due to a lack of people signed up. :(