Lindsay: A Southern California Open NASAT Mirror (07/27/19)

This forum is for tournament announcements, updates, and results (official or otherwise).
vrohan
Lulu

Lindsay: A Southern California Open NASAT Mirror (07/27/19)

Post by vrohan » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:55 am

I'm pleased to announce that I will be hosting Lindsay, a Southern California mirror of NASAT taking place on July 27, 2019, at the Chinese Bible Church of San Diego's main campus (!!). I will be directing the tournament.

You can find the team formation spreadsheet here. As a reminder, with all NASAT mirrors, the field is completely open.

How to Register:

You can register by emailing rohan02.us AT gmail DOT com with the following information: 1) number of teams that you plan to register, 2) rosters for each team if finalized, 3) how many buzzers (if any) and 4) a team name.

Note: Simply putting your names down on the spreadsheet or responding to this thread will not count as an official registration for the tournament. In addition, we will be limiting team rosters to a max of 6 players.

Location/Logistics: I am still in the process of reserving rooms, but if all goes well, the tournament will take place at the Chinese Bible Church of San Diego, located at 12335 World Trade Drive, San Diego, CA 92128.

Registration will begin at 8:15. We plan to start rounds at 9:00 sharp. We plan to do a round robin among the teams followed by rebracketing and playoffs, with a break for lunch at around 12:00.

Fee Structure / Payment:
$90 per team
-$5 per working buzzer set

Email me at rohan02.us AT gmail DOT com if you have any questions or concerns.
Last edited by vrohan on Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:32 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Rohan Venkateswaran
Black Mountain Middle '16
Westview High '20

Co-Coach, Meadowbrook Middle 2017-

vrohan
Lulu

Re: Lindsay: A Southern California Open NASAT Mirror (07/27/19)

Post by vrohan » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:24 am

The field is full:

Team Name (Team Members) - Buzzers
南加州 (Jonathan Hsieh, Shreyank Kadadi, Junu Song, Kevin Yu) - 0
Bryan Presenting Dan and Harsha as her Treasures. (Harsha Lakamsani, Bryan Ugaz, Son Vo, Joe Yu) - 4
crooked olds (Jason Cheng, Nolan Dannels, Boyang Jiao, Kevin Wang) - 0
DAAArryl (Ari Mazow, Darryl Mazow, Aakarsh Vermani, Amit Vermani) - 0
Elongated Muskrat Fanclub (Jack Izzo, Shahar Schwartz, Sean Ye) - 0
Falcons & Bulldogs Too! — Negtastic Boogaloo (Joonhyuk Lee, Freddie O'Hara, Raymond Sun, Ellice Wang) - 0
Khan academy (David Huang, Andrew Jia, Richard Lin, Joshua You) - 0
SVB (Willie Chen, Charles Meigs-Perez, Noah Prince) - 2
Team Gao (Jasper Chen, Andrew Gao, Leo Gu, Chris Jung) - 0
Rohan Venkateswaran
Westview High '20

vrohan
Lulu

Re: Lindsay: A Southern California Open NASAT Mirror (07/27/19)

Post by vrohan » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:04 pm

This indeed happened. crooked olds defeated Bryan Presenting Dan and Harsha as her Treasures. in the finals 480-70. Stats can be found here.
Thanks to everyone who came, especially Alistair, Daniel J, Daniel S, Jack, Kyle, Laurence, and Nikki for staffing!
Rohan Venkateswaran
Westview High '20