Just like the NYC Open, this tournament will not be taking place in reserved rooms. We cannot reserve rooms in the summer, but the buildings and classrooms are open and air conditioned, and our intent is to squat there. I don't anticipate any issues, since the summer class schedule is over and move in doesn't start yet, but we will not officially be there and, as such, anything can happen. As Raynor said in the NYC Open thread: if travel is particularly difficult/prohibitive for you, I would probably not recommend coming. If you are interested, please make sure to keep everything below in mind.
We will be running packets 11-20 of NASAT on Saturday, with possible side events on Saturday night. A logistics email will be sent out closer to the date, but almost everything will be standard (opening meeting at 845ish, etc.). If you have any questions let me know.
We will need both moderators and room-campers for Saturday.
Profits from this tournament will be evenly divided among the staff.
This event will be taking place at Hamilton Hall at Columbia University, unless something changes. Just make sure to be checking your email.
This is an open and anyone can play. Please try and sign up once you are sure you can attend, so as not to clog up the field with, say, a team of two people unlikely to attend.
The signup spreadsheet is here.
I will add side events to the sheet if the poll starts to show that they are likely.
The fee will be $60 per team, no discounts. This way we e will pay staffers 40 for the day and cover the mirror fees
Payment should be made up front, either in the form of cash, venmo (@Emmett-Laurie), or a check written out to me. To again quote, Raynor:
Let me know if I missed anything. I hope to see y'all on the 17th!Raynor wrote: If we face the unfortunate situation of the tournament being cancelled/disrupted mid-tournament, then I will refund registration fees as appropriate. You will likely not be refunded the mirror fee (think of it as a deposit), but I will scale your refund based on how many games you did get to play. I will additionally try to refund fees if I personally believe tournament quality severely suffered as a result of its guerrilla nature, but I reserve the right to not refund fees at all. (Obviously, if the tournament is cancelled prior to its date, and you haven't paid yet, you're not on the hook for anything.)
EDIT: edited to reflect decision about the structure of the tournament.