$60 per team
-$5/school per buzzer system (max of 2). Buzzer systems must have eight functional buzzers.
-$10/school per capable moderator
Minimum fee: $40 per team
The minimum fee per team will be charged for schools that did not attend any tournaments in the 2018-19 academic year.
Please bring payment (cash or checks made out to “Carnegie Mellon University”) on the morning of the tournament. Payment (or sufficient evidence that payment was processed/sent) not received within a week after the tournament will be subject to a late fine of an additional $10 per week, up to double the original amount.
To register, please fill out this form or email us at email@example.com with your school name, number of teams, and any discounts you plan to claim. If possible at the time of registration, please also indicate if you have players who intend to request an exception to the eligibility criteria (see below).
The following eligibility rules are adapted from a previous iteration of this tournament:
1. This is a tournament for introducing collegiate novices to quizbowl. Consequently, no high school teams or players are eligible.
2. Anyone in college who has never played quizbowl before is automatically eligible. Other academic competition does not count as quizbowl for this rule.
3. Players meeting one or more of the following criteria must apply to the tournament director for permission to play:
- i. If you played a collegiate quizbowl tournament before the 2018-19 academic year.
- ii. If you have ever finished in the top 20 in scoring at PACE NSC or been a tournament all-star at a NAQT high school championship (HSNCT or SSNCT), or played on a team that finished in the top 16 at NSC or t-21 at HSNCT.
- iii. If you ever led a team in scoring that made it beyond the first round of the HSNCT or SSNCT playoffs, or led a team in scoring that made the top 40 at NSC.
- iv. If you have ever scored at least 25 points per game overall at any college tournament.
- v. If you have ever won any college tournament.
Experienced college players are encouraged to attend as staffers. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about eligibility or any other aspect of the tournament!