Delta Burke 2019 (Mirrors Available!)

This forum is for tournament announcements, updates, and results (official or otherwise).
ValenciaQBowl
Auron

Delta Burke 2019 (Mirrors Available!)

Post by ValenciaQBowl » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:55 am

This year's Delta Burke tournament at Valencia College in The City Beautiful, Orlando, Florida, will be held on Friday, November 8, and Saturday, November 9, for community college teams. My Florida CC colleagues will all hear much more details about that iteration of the tournament directly, but if you're part of a CC team outside my e-mail list that would like to come to Orlando, let me know.

So mainly I'm posting here to let folks know that the set is available for mirrors. If you want to mirror this year's set, we'll ask for a $30/team mirror fee (not including house teams, which are free), and the set will be available for tournaments on or after November 16. This year, after much nagging from co-writers and the peanut gallery, I'm going to power-mark the toss-ups. I've never power marked before, so this will probably be terribly done. Also, there will likely be bonus lead-ins which include anarcho-syndicalist, anti-fascist bias, and there will probably be instances of crude vulgarity and/or insults of dead Republicans like Strom Thurmond. So what I'm saying is that you probably shouldn't mirror this set. But if you want to, let me know. Oh, and I'd like to NOT have any mirrors after mid-spring, so the set can be released, so keep that in mind if you're interested, which you shouldn't be.
Chris Borglum
Valencia College Grand Poobah