The Unanswered Question Discord Mirror (9/29/19)

Old college threads.
halle
Forums Staff: Moderator

The Unanswered Question Discord Mirror (9/29/19)

Post by halle »

Hi! We will be running a Discord mirror of The Unanswered Question, an open-level fine arts set dedicated to material from the 20th and 21st centuries, on Sunday, September 29th, 2019. Information about the set can be found here: https://hsquizbowl.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=22403.

If you are interested in playing, please add your name to this spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... p=sharing .
Adding yourself to the spreadsheet does not formally register you for the tournament; in order to register your team, please email me at halle [at] uchicago [dot] edu. For now, we are planning on having two-person teams for this mirror, but this is subject to change based on how many people sign up and how many staffers are available. All updates will be posted in this thread.

This mirror will cost $11 (USD) per person to play. Payment is possible via Venmo (@HalleFriedman) or PayPal (halleg8 AT aol DOT com). If neither of these options work for you, contact me and we can figure out another option.

The tournament will begin at 9:30 AM Central time; a link to join the discord server will be sent out by Saturday night.

Please reach out to me with any questions you might have!
Halle Friedman
Chicago 2020
NYU 2023
halle

Re: The Unanswered Question Discord Mirror (9/29/19)

Post by halle »

This is coming up soon, so if you're hoping to play, please sign up, and if you've listed yourself as a free agent, please try to form teams! Free agents that haven't formed teams will be assigned teams this Friday, so if there's someone you're hoping to play with, please get that settled by then. The staffing situation will hopefully be finalized in the next day or two, at which point the price, payment info, and timing for the mirror will be settled, and will be posted in this thread.
Halle Friedman
Chicago 2020
NYU 2023
halle

Post by halle »

halle wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:09 pm This mirror will cost $11 (USD) per person to play. Payment is possible via Venmo (@HalleFriedman) or PayPal (halleg8 AT aol DOT com). If neither of these options work for you, contact me and we can figure out another option.

The tournament will begin at 9:30 AM Central time; a link to join the discord server will be sent out by Saturday night.
Please note these updates to the announcement post. The price has been raised from $10 to $11 in order to be able to pay the staffers who have generously volunteered their time, making this mirror possible.

Additionally, I am going to cap the field of the tournament at 8 teams, so if we get a bunch of last minute signups that push the field beyond 16 total individuals, some teams will end up having three players. If anyone is willing to volunteer to play solo, that would be highly appreciated, since an 8-team schedule guarantees everyone more games than a 7-team schedule, and we currently have 15 people signed up. This will not be necessary if we get any additional signups, but, as it is, I will not be able to assign free agents in a way that makes every team have two players.
Halle Friedman
Chicago 2020
NYU 2023
halle

Post by halle »

Free agents have now been assigned teams! As you may notice, two of the teams for this mirror now have three players. This creates a six-team field, allowing for a schedule with more guaranteed games for each team. If anyone has a problem with this, please let me know.

Furthermore, signups for this mirror are now capped at six teams of three players.
Halle Friedman
Chicago 2020
NYU 2023