Fall Open Online Mirror (Dec. 7, 2019)

Old college threads.
aseem.keyal
Wakka

Fall Open Online Mirror (Dec. 7, 2019)

Post by aseem.keyal »

We're pleased to announce the online mirror of Fall Open on December 7, 2019.

I've made a team formation spreadsheet if you're looking to assemble a team. After deciding on a team, please send me a registration email that includes your roster to aseem.keyal at gmail dot com. The tournament will cost $80 per team and we will play the set on Discord.

There will be more logistics details to follow but we aim to start at 10:00 AM EST.
Aseem Keyal
Berkeley '18
aseem.keyal
Wakka

Re: Fall Open Online Mirror (Dec. 7, 2019)

Post by aseem.keyal »

If this mirror doesn't get enough signups for 4 teams by the middle of next week, I plan to cancel this mirror. If those who intended to play are interested in hearing some packets, I can host an informal reading session of 3 to 4 packets on the Discord at the same date/time the tournament was going to occur.
Aseem Keyal
Berkeley '18
aseem.keyal
Wakka

Post by aseem.keyal »

I've capped the field to 4 teams, free agents please form teams or add yourselves to the existing 2 teams. I've also added a team email field, please add your team's contact email to the sheet.
Aseem Keyal
Berkeley '18
ValenciaQBowl
Auron

Post by ValenciaQBowl »

Good morning! It's 9:51 am and our discord invite in the e-mail Aseem sent is directing us to a page that says "Invite Invalid." Please let us know what we need to do. Thanks!
Chris Borglum
Valencia College Grand Poobah
aseem.keyal
Wakka

Post by aseem.keyal »

Against all odds (and the worst Discord outage in a while), this tournament happened. Coates et al. cleared the field going 9-0. I apologize profusely for all the delays and the haphazard transition to Skype when Discord stopped working. To make up for this, I'll be running a reading of a couple more of the unread packets in the Discord server tomorrow at 1 PM EST tomorrow, in case anyone wants to hear any more questions before the set is uploaded to the packet archive.
Aseem Keyal
Berkeley '18