I'm pleased to announce that Columbia will be hosting a mirror of Terrapin Open on February 29th, 2020. More information about this tournament can be found here
If you're interested in playing, please put your team name and player roster on this spreadsheet
. To register, email me with the following information:
- If you are a school, number of teams you are registering (no more than two, to guarantee spots in the field for all interested)
- If you are an open team, at least two of the players who will be on your team
- Number of buzzers you are bringing
- A cell phone number for a team contact
Registration fees are as follows:
- Base fee $130 (to cover the mirror fee of $50 per team)
- -$20 for each staffer who can finish a round in at most 35-40 minutes (familiarity with advanced stats is strongly preferred)
- -$5 for each buzzer system
- Minimum fee of $50
The field cap for this tournament will be 12 teams. As this is a challenging tournament written for "nationals prep" purposes, the priority is to give school teams that are playing either ICT or ACF Nationals an adequate pre-nationals experience, including by inviting open competition. Consequently, we are hoping to guarantee all teams a large number of games (at least 11) to better simulate the nationals experience, with full finals. Based on experience with prior pre-nationals tournaments (e.g. George Oppen 2015) and finals games, we strongly suggest that teams book their transport home no earlier than 9PM.
Looking forward to an awesome day of competition!