- This regional tournament is for northeastern states New York, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont.
- If you are from a state not listed but still want to play this particular mirror, please reach out to the LIT editors for a possible exception.
- This mirror is college closed, meaning teams must be composed of players from the same school. No chimera teams will be allowed to play.
- Closed high school teams may play this tournament.
- Any players that satisfy the current ACF rules are eligible to play this mirror. The current ACF rules can be found here https://acf-quizbowl.com/eligibility-rules/
- Given that this set was postponed from Spring 2020, the set editors are allowing collegiate players to play for institutions they were affiliated with as of March 1, 2020. This exception is only applicable for recent college graduates. Incoming college freshmen must play with their current school.
- Tournament will begin at
- There is an initial cap of 16 teams, but that is subject to change depending on interest and number of staffers. As of 9/14, field has been increased to 18 teams, but can be changed once we get more staffers.
- Max of 6 players per team, with only 4 playing at a time.
- Teams consisting of less than 4 players are allowed to play.
- Tournament will follow the ACF rules with the exception of 7 seconds answer time to allow for any internet or typing lags.
- Players are encouraged to use voice to answer, but it is not required.
- Players are also encouraged to use a webcam if they are able to, but it is not one hundred percent required if the player is not able to.
- There will be a 45 minute to 1 hour lunch break in between prelims and playoffs.
- Please fill out this google form for registration. https://forms.gle/maRPPfqiFxiPvTmz5
Fees and Payment
Base fee - $90 per team
Provided staff discount - $10 off total for every EXPERIENCED staffer that is provided for the entirety of the tournament. Staffers must be able to read a full packet in under 30-45 minutes and be familiar with scorekeeping.
New to quiz bowl discount - $20 off total for “schools that did not send a team to any regular collegiate academic tournament (not counting exclusively novice tournaments) since September 2019, and which have no players who competed in non-novice collegiate tournaments during that same period.” - ACF Fall Criteria
Minimum fee - $60 per team
After your registration is received, you will receive an email confirmation of your registration and a summary of the fees you owe. We are not able to receive checks until the day of the tournament. On that day, all teams will receive an email with all payment information. Teams have until Oct.10 to make their payment. Payments sent after that day, will incur an additional $10 late fee. As of now, checks are preferred to digital payments.
Code of Conduct
All players are expected to adhere to the code of conduct that is provided in the main LIT thread which is linked above. The code of conduct will be sent to all registered teams before the tournament as well as be posted in the Discord server.
Staffers not associated with a team playing this tournament will be paid $20 USD. Sign up to staff with this form https://forms.gle/ALmJRjuqNgbXvvmg6
Edits: adding information that was not in original post