The tournament will take place virtually on Discord. The opening meeting will begin at 7:45 CST and gameplay will begin at 8 CST. I (Sharath Narayan) will be the tournament director. Please direct any questions about this site to [email protected].
In general, teams where players are all attending the same school and all taking at least one class for credit during the 2020–2021 school year are eligible to play 2020 ACF Winter. ACF’s full eligibility rules are available here. Questions about eligibility should be directed to [email protected].
This tournament will follow ACF’s official gameplay rules. Please note that ACF’s rules have been modified for online gameplay.
Fill out the central 2020 ACF Winter registration form with all relevant information. The form is here. The field for each site can be found here. As you register, please send an email to [email protected] with the number of teams your program is sending (i.e., how many times you filled out the form) for our own records.
If possible, teams should register for the site that is geographically closest to them and/or is in the region they would normally attend. The field cap for all sites is 18, after which teams will be placed on a waitlist or potentially assigned to another site. Please register by November 2, 2020.
- Base fee: $120
- New to quizbowl discount: −$80
- Shorthanded discount (1–2 players): −$60
- Staffers: −$25 per staffer with a functional laptop. Staffers must register with ACF in advance by filling out this form.
Any team with at least two people on it who played a regular, collegiate, academic quizbowl tournament* (either as a college student or high school student) prior to September 1, 2019, is required to submit a half-packet. Please email [email protected] if you are unsure whether your team is required to submit a half-packet. A team that is not required to submit a packet may submit an optional packet by the no-penalty deadline for a $50 discount.
* For these purposes, all ACF tournaments, NAQT SCT (Division I or Division II), NAQT ICT, and typical college-level academic invitationals count as regular collegiate academic tournaments. Pop culture or “hybrid” tournaments, HCASC, and tournaments played on NAQT’s Collegiate Novice series sets do not.
Here is the submission schedule:
- September 6th, 2020: -$50
- September 25th, 2020: -$25
- October 4th, 2020: no penalty
- October 18th, 2020: +$25
- October 25th, 2020: +$50
If your team is going to submit a half-packet, whether required or not, email [email protected] to request a distribution. All finished packets must be sent to that email before 11:59 PDT on the day listed to receive the discount or penalty. Please format the half-packet in .doc or .docx before sending it. The email subject line should list the name of the school, the team number (if applicable), and the words “half-packet.”