The tournament will take place virtually on Discord. The opening meeting will begin at 8:45 AM CST and gameplay will begin at 9:00 AM CST. Maddee Rauhauser will be the tournament director. Please direct any questions about this site to Jackson Bartak at [email protected]
The tournament will follow ACF’s eligibility rules. In general, teams where players are all attending the same school and all taking at least one class for credit during the 2020–2021 school year are eligible to play 2021 ACF Regionals. Questions about eligibility should be directed to [email protected].
This tournament will follow ACF’s gameplay rules. Please note that ACF’s rules have been modified for online gameplay.
Fill out the central 2021 ACF Regionals registration form with all relevant information. You may view the field for each site here.
If possible, teams should register for the site that is geographically closest to them and/or is in the region they would normally attend. The field cap for all sites is 18, after which teams will be placed on a waitlist or potentially assigned to another site. Please register by January 25, 2021.
- Base fee: $120
- New to quizbowl discount: −$80
- Shorthanded discount (1–2 players): −$60
- Staffers: −$25 per staffer with a functional laptop. Staffers must register with ACF in advance by filling out the central staff registration form.
Any team with at least two people on it who played a regular, collegiate, academic quizbowl tournament* (either as a college student or as a high school student) prior to September 1, 2019, is required to submit a half-packet. Please email [email protected] if you are unsure whether your team is required to submit a half-packet. A team that is not required to submit a packet may submit an optional packet by the no-penalty deadline for a $50 discount.
* For these purposes, all ACF tournaments, NAQT SCT (Division I or Division II), NAQT ICT, and typical college-level academic invitationals count as regular collegiate academic tournaments. Pop culture or “hybrid” tournaments, HCASC, and tournaments played on NAQT’s Collegiate Novice series sets do not.
Here is the submission schedule:
- November 22nd, 2020: −$50
- December 6th, 2020: −$25
- December 20th, 2020: no penalty
- January 3rd, 2021: +$25
- January 17th, 2021: +$50
If your team is obligated to submit a half-packet or wishes to do so, please register with this form by January 3, 2021. A half-packet distribution will be mailed to you. If you register and do not receive a half-packet distribution in a timely manner, please email [email protected].