The tournament will take place virtually on Discord. The opening meeting will begin at 8:45 AM CT and gameplay will begin at 9:00 CT. I, Tora Husar, will be the tournament director for all logistical matters prior to the day of the tournament. Rob Carson will act as tournament director during the tournament. Please direct any questions about this site to me at [email protected].
In general, teams where players are all attending the same school and all taking at least one class for credit during the 2020–2021 school year are eligible to play 2021 ACF Regionals. ACF’s full eligibility rules are available here. Questions about eligibility should be directed to [email protected].
This tournament will follow ACF’s official gameplay rules. Please note that ACF’s rules have been modified for online gameplay.
Fill out the central 2021 ACF Regionals registration form with all relevant information. The form is here. The field for each site can be found here.
If possible, teams should register for the site that is geographically closest to them and/or is in the region they would normally attend. The field cap for all sites is 18, after which teams will be placed on a waitlist or potentially assigned to another site. Please register by January 25, 2021.
- Base fee: $120
- New to quizbowl discount: −$80
- Shorthanded discount (1–2 players): −$60
- Staffers: −$25 per staffer with a functional laptop. Staffers must register with ACF in advance by filling out this form.
Any team with at least two people on it who played a regular, collegiate, academic quizbowl tournament* (either as a college student or high school student) prior to September 1, 2019, is required to submit a half-packet. Please email [email protected] if you are unsure whether your team is required to submit a half-packet. A team that is not required to submit a packet may submit an optional packet by the no-penalty deadline for a $50 discount.
* For these purposes, all ACF tournaments, NAQT SCT (Division I or Division II), NAQT ICT, and typical college-level academic invitationals count as regular collegiate academic tournaments. Pop culture or “hybrid” tournaments, HCASC, and tournaments played on NAQT’s Collegiate Novice series sets do not.
Here is the submission schedule:
- November 22nd, 2020: -$50
- December 6th, 2020: -$25
- December 20th, 2020: no penalty
- January 3rd, 2021: +$25
- January 17th, 2021: +$50
If your team is obligated to submit a half-packet or wishes to do so, please register with this form by January 3, 2021. A half-packet distribution will be mailed to you. If you register and do not receive a half-packet distribution in a timely manner, please email [email protected].