Southeast-Midwest Housewrite 2 OPEN 5/15/2021

Old college threads.
Ehtna
Lulu

Southeast-Midwest Housewrite 2 OPEN 5/15/2021

Post by Ehtna »

Overview
This is an announcement for the Open mirror of SMH2, which will take place on May 15. This tournament will cost $70 per team. I, Ethan, will be directing this tournament through Discord.

Registration Information and Discounts
The team formation spreadsheet for this tournament can be found here. The initial field cap is 10 teams, though we may expand depending on interest. Once you have assembled a team, please email me at ethanashbrook AT gmail DOT com to formally register. If you initially registered for the Open mirror through the registration form, please re-register by emailing me.

Payment for this tournament will be primarily over Venmo; further information concerning payment will be available upon registration. If this is an issue, please email me at ethanashbrook AT gmail DOT com and we can work something out.

The base entry fee is $70.

Staffing
To sign up to staff for this tournament, mark yourself down on the right side of the team formation spreadsheet. Staffers will be paid $40 for moderating and scorekeeping for the day.

Set
Information about the set’s difficulty and distribution can be found here. This tournament will be run on packets 11-20 of the Southeast-Midwest Housewrite. This means that players who participated in the initial set of mirrors on packets 1-10 will have an advantage over those who did not.

Eligibility
This tournament is open to any players who have graduated from high school. Middle school and high school players may not play or moderate for this tournament.

Misconduct
This tournament will not tolerate misconduct such as, but not limited to: racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, verbal harassment of players or staff, and generally inappropriate comments. A link to the misconduct form as well as the IKEA Code of Conduct, to which we’ll be adhering, will be available and visible on the server.

Cheating
Cheating will not be tolerated at this tournament. Video will be required for all players; if this is not an option please let us know beforehand via email or Discord. We reserve the right to remove anyone whom we believe to be cheating from the tournament. Our protocol for dealing with cheaters can also be found on the Code of Conduct linked above.
Ethan Ashbrook [he/him]
Uni Lab 2020
Minnesota 2024
Ehtna
Lulu

Re: Southeast-Midwest Housewrite 2 OPEN 5/15/2021

Post by Ehtna »

Registration for this tournament will close on Wednesday, May 12th at 11:59 p.m. Central Time, after which I'll form teams from remaining free agents. We are currently at 5 teams registered, so we could certainly use more players!
Ethan Ashbrook [he/him]
Uni Lab 2020
Minnesota 2024
Ehtna
Lulu

Post by Ehtna »

The tournament email has been sent out to team contacts. The field is capped at 12 teams. I'm still looking for one more staffer for this tournament, so if anybody is interested please let me know as soon as possible.
Ethan Ashbrook [he/him]
Uni Lab 2020
Minnesota 2024
Ehtna
Lulu

Post by Ehtna »

Congratulations to Columbia for winning the tournament in an advantaged final against Encyclopedia [Trivial:Failure]! And thanks again to every team that played.

Final stats for this tournament can be found here.
Ethan Ashbrook [he/him]
Uni Lab 2020
Minnesota 2024