NAQT D2 ICT Canadian Open @ Zoom.McGill (June 12, 2021)

Old college threads.
hollowocelot
Kimahri

NAQT D2 ICT Canadian Open @ Zoom.McGill (June 12, 2021)

Post by hollowocelot »

I am excited to announce the Canadian Open Mirror of the NAQT D2 ICT set on June 12th, 2021. :dance: Your tournament director will be me, Nadia Dakdouki.

We'll be running this tournament using Zoom and buzzin.live as well as a central Discord to organize all the links. More details will be provided the week before the tournament. Cameras are required. If that is a problem, please contact me as soon as you can.

Due to the nature of online life, unfortunately the tournament will have to begin at 9:45am EDT. We'll begin with the prep meeting and games will start immediately after, no later than 10am.

Eligibility
As this is a Canadian open mirror, any Canadian player can sign up. Likewise, teams can be made up of whichever player from whatever school.

If any American teams are interested in playing, please send me an email (contact below), and we'll see what we can do. Priority will go to Canadian teams but if the field cap has not been reached, we'd love to have you.

Registration
To register, please sign up on this form. Deadline to sign up is June 9.
If you are lacking a team name but have teammates, please sign up to secure your spot. If you are lacking teammates, there is a Free Agent sign-up so you can make new temporary friends.

The current field cap is 10 8 but will be expanded as soon as I get enough staffers to do so . edit: Initial field cap has been met. edit2: Field cap has been extended to 10 teams.

For any interested staffers, you will be paid $25 for staffing and I can give a lukewarm promise to deliver baked goods next time—if ever :eyes:—we see each other in person. Sign-up is on the same form.

Fees
$100 CAD = base fee
-$25 = staffer discount
-$10 = per missing player
Minimum fee is $50. If fees are an obstacle for you, please email me and I'll be able to help you out.

Other Stuff
All necessary details regarding how the tournament will run will be provided in a logistics email sent after the registration deadline, so please make sure your team's contact email is accurate. Feel free to add as many email addresses as are needed to ensure your receive this info.

If you need to contact me about anything, my email address is nadia.dakdouki at mail.mcgill.ca. I'm happy to look for solutions to any problems preventing a player from participating. Additionally, if you have concerns or questions, send me that email.

I look forward to seeing you all at the tournament!
Nadia Dakdouki
Lisgar '17, McGill '?