This tournament will be head-edited by Ryan Westbrook and Matthew Bollinger, with support from Jordan Brownstein, Jack Mehr, Eric Mukherjee, Derek So, Jerry Vinokurov, and Jennie Yang.
Information on who is eligible to play ACF tournaments can be found on the ACF website under eligibility. Please note that this tournament counts as part of the 2020-2021 competition year, despite being held in August.
Qualification for this tournament has been determined on the basis of team PPBs from the 2021 ACF Nationals qualifier.
The editors of ACF Nationals have written 13 packets this year. A number of teams submitted packets for the canceled 2020 tournament, which will make an additional 10 packets, for a total of 23 packets. Please see below for a list of team-submitted packets and the associated discounts.
The distribution for ACF Nationals submitted packets is posted here.
Finalized tossups for 2021 ACF Nationals will be capped at 8 lines in 10 point Times New Roman.
The base fee for 2021 ACF Nationals is $375.
- -$100 packet submission discount: Columbia, Berkeley A, Chicago B.
- -$50 packet submission discount: Chicago A, Florida A, OSU A
- -$25 packet submission discount: Texas A, UIUC A.
- Teams that submitted a packet and did not qualify for the tournament or will otherwise not attend may still have their packets used for ACF Nationals. The discount the packet would have earned will roll over to the next ACF tournament that the school sends a team to. If the discount is greater than $70 (ACF’s share of tournament fees), it can be spread among multiple teams from the same school, or the difference between $70 and the amount of the discount can be rolled over to a further tournament. Rolling over a discount does not preclude submitting a packet for the next ACF tournament, should that be required.
- Minnesota A (-$100), UC Davis A (-$50), Michigan A (-$50), and Duke A (-$25) will receive discounts that can be rolled over to other tournaments if they do not qualify for this edition of ACF Nationals.
- 2021 ACF Nationals will continue to offer an additional $50 discount to any team that submits a packet with almost all questions usable with little to no editing. Florida A and Chicago A have received this discount.
- Buzzer discount: -$10 per working system (maximum of 3)
The field for 2021 ACF Nationals is 22 teams.
If you would like to staff ACF Nationals, please send an email both to [email protected] and [email protected] with the subject line "ACF Nationals staffing". Preference will be given to those located in the Greater Chicagoland Area, then those in the Midwest.