Cambridge/Oxford Open Tournament (COOT) @McGill

Old college threads.
MordecaiRickles
Lulu

Cambridge/Oxford Open Tournament (COOT) @McGill

Post by MordecaiRickles »

McGill will be hosting an online mirror of COOT on 11 September, 2021. The tournament will be held via Zoom+BuzzIn.live, with a central discord server for links and announcements. I will be directing the tournament, and will be happy to answer any questions you have. I can be reached here, or at cormac.beirne at gmail.

Registration

This tournament is open to any interested players and is not intended to be an exclusively-Canadian mirror. Anyone who did not get the opportunity to play earlier mirrors is welcome to register here. Staffers and free agents can sign up on the same sheet. If you are interested in playing but do not currently have a team, I strongly encourage signing up as a free agent in the meantime.

The tournament will have a field cap of 8 teams, but if there is sufficient demand and enough staffers we will see about raising the field cap.

Fees

Base fee: $100 CAD per team.
Staffer discount: -$20
Shorthanded discount: -$25

This tournament will have a minimum fee of $60/team, in order to cover mirror fees.

Misconduct/Cheating

There will be no tolerance for racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, or other discriminatory comments or actions at the tournament. Anybody who harasses, threatens, or for other reasons makes people feel unsafe will be asked to leave the tournament.

Cheating of any kind is also prohibited, and cheaters will be happily disqualified and jeered at. In order to limit any nervousness about the possibility of cheating, we will ask all players to try to keep their face and at least one hand in view of the camera at all times. If this poses an issue for anyone, let me know and I will see if you can be accommodated.
Cormac Beirne
McGill '23
Sorbonne '24

Top 47 Contender - 2020 Canadian Rookie of the Year Poll