2021 Penn Bowl Southeast Mirror on 10/23

Old college threads.
JohnN
Lulu

2021 Penn Bowl Southeast Mirror on 10/23

Post by JohnN »

I am pleased to announce that Gator Quiz Bowl will be hosting the Southeast mirror of 2021 Penn Bowl at the University of Florida on 10/23! More information on the set can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=25140

The tournament will take place in Matherly Hall on UF's campus. The opening meeting will begin at 8:45 with gameplay beginning promptly at 9:00. I, John Nienajadlo, will be the Tournament Director. Please direct any questions about this site to me at [email protected].

Fees and Payment
We will be using the following fee structure for the tournament:
Base fee: $120
New to quizbowl discount: -$60
Working buzzer discount: -$10 (limit 3)
Approved moderator discount: -$15 (limit 3)
Travel discount: -$10 (per 200+ miles one way according to google maps)

The "new to quizbowl" discount is intended for schools that did not send a team to any regular collegiate academic tournament (exclusively Novice tournaments do not count) since September 2020, and have no one on the team(s) claiming this discount who played those tournaments for another school

Invoices will be sent out in the coming days to the tournament. Payment can be accepted on the day of the tournament. Payment is due on the day of the tournament and can be accepted by cash, check, PayPal, or Venmo. Any team that does not pay by the deadline will be subject to a $25 late fee penalty and will have 2 weeks to submit payment before we send letters to your school administration. Bringing a form of payment not listed on the day of the tournament will also result in the $25 late fee being applied. Where to submit payment will be included in the invoice, if you need an invoice earlier than the week before the tournament, let me know as I have no problem sending one early. Receipts available upon request.

Registration
Email me at [email protected] to register teams for this tournament. Please include in your email:
Number of teams you will be bringing
Number of buzzers
Number and names of staffers
Any other discounts you wish to receive

Tournament Field

The field is currently capped at 16 teams, after which teams will be placed on a waitlist. Please register by October 18. The field may be expanded if enough staffers sign up and interest is expressed.
John Nienajadlo
ACF Treasurer 2023-2024, ACF Site Coordinator 2022-2023
University of Florida '24
JohnN
Lulu

Re: 2021 Penn Bowl Southeast Mirror on 10/23

Post by JohnN »

Just to post an update on the field for this tournament, as of 11:45 AM on 10/18/2021, I have the following teams registered:

Florida A
Florida B
Florida C
Georgia Tech A
Georgia Tech B
New College of Florida A
New College of Florida B
University of North Florida

Please have your registration for this tournament in by 11:59 PM on Monday, October 18th so I can properly plan logistics and scheduling based on the number of teams registered.
John Nienajadlo
JohnN
Lulu

Re: 2021 Penn Bowl Southeast Mirror on 10/23

Post by JohnN »

Congratulations to Florida A for going undefeated the entire day and winning the tournament! Stats have been posted on the tournament database, thanks to everyone who came out and played or staffed this tournament!
John Nienajadlo