The tournament will take place at Bruininks Hall at 222 Pleasant St SE, Minneapolis, MN, 55455. The opening meeting will begin at 8:45am CT and gameplay will begin at 9:00am CT. I, Ethan Ashbrook, will be the tournament director. Please direct any questions about this site to me at suacb AT umn DOT edu.
In general, teams where players are all attending the same school and all taking at least one class for credit during the 2021–2022 school year are eligible to play 2021 ACF Winter. ACF’s full eligibility rules are available here. Questions about eligibility should be directed to [email protected].
This tournament will follow ACF’s official gameplay rules. Rules specifically pertaining to online tournaments have been rendered in blue.
Fill out the central 2021 ACF Winter registration form with all relevant information. The form is here. The field for each site can be found here.
If possible, teams should register for the site that is geographically closest to them and/or is in the region they would normally attend. The field cap is 16, after which teams will be placed on a waitlist or potentially assigned to another site. Please register by November 1, 2021.
- Base fee: $150
- New to quizbowl discount: −$100
- Shorthanded discount (1–2 players): −$75
- Travel discount: −$10 per 200 miles traveled one-way
- Buzzers: −$10 per functional buzzer system
- Staffers: −$15 per staffer with a functional laptop. Staffers must register with ACF in advance by filling out this form.
Any team with at least two people on it who played a regular, collegiate, academic quizbowl tournament* (either as a college student or high school student) prior to September 1, 2020, is required to submit a half-packet. Please email [email protected] if you are unsure whether your team is required to submit a half-packet. A team that is not required to submit a packet may submit an optional packet by the no-penalty deadline for a $50 discount.
* For these purposes, all ACF tournaments, NAQT SCT (Division I or Division II), NAQT ICT, and typical college-level academic invitationals count as regular collegiate academic tournaments. Pop culture or “hybrid” tournaments, HCASC, and tournaments played on NAQT’s Collegiate Novice series sets do not.
Here is the submission schedule:
- September 5: −$50
- September 24: −$25
- October 3: no penalty
- October 17: +$25
- October 24: +$50
If your team is going to submit a half-packet, whether required or not, email [email protected] to request a distribution. All finished packets must be sent to that email before 11:59 Pacific time on the day listed to receive the discount or penalty. Please format the half-packet in .doc or .docx before sending it. The email subject line should list the name of the school, the team number (if applicable), and the words “half-packet.”