Illinois Open Southeast Site (11/13)

Old college threads.
Bhagwan Shammbhagwan
Wakka

Illinois Open Southeast Site (11/13)

Post by Bhagwan Shammbhagwan »

I am pleased to announce that the Southeast site of Illinois Open will be occurring on November 13, 2021 at Georgia Tech. More details about the set can be found here. The tournament will be held at the Howey Physics Building and will start at 9 AM. The tournament will NOT be run using bouncebacks.

To register for this tournament, please email me at [email protected]. In your email, please provide your team name, the names of your players, and an emergency contact phone number from one of the players. Here is a team formation spreadsheet —keep in mind that filling it out does NOT mean that you are registered; you have to email me to register. I will keep the post below updated with registered teams.

The field will be capped at 12 teams.

Additionally, I’ve added a slot on the team formation spreadsheet to express interest in playing TELEOLOGY, a a humanities side event written by Taylor Harvey. I am currently unsure if we will have bandwidth to host a side event, but nevertheless, I would like to gauge interest.

Fees:
Base Fee: $120/team
Buzzers: -$10/working buzzer system
Staffers: -$15/competent staffer
Travel: -$10 for teams traveling more than 200 miles one way

Health Protocols:
As per the Georgia Tech guidelines, all players and staff will be required to wear a mask for this event. It is also much preferred that all attendees are vaccinated against COVID-19.

Field (6/6):
Vanderbilt
Georgia Tech A
Georgia Tech B
Free Agents
Florida
"Hogtown Heroes"
Last edited by Bhagwan Shammbhagwan on Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Hari Parameswaran
Beavercreek High School '19
Georgia Tech '23
ACF, PACE
Bhagwan Shammbhagwan
Wakka

Re: Illinois Open Southeast Site (11/13)

We are currently looking for more teams to sign up for the southeast site of Illinois Open. We would like to have at least six teams to hold the tournament (at the moment, there are three teams signed up and one potential free-agent team). If six teams are not signed up by 11/11, then I will have to cancel this site.
Hari Parameswaran
Georgia Tech '23
ACF, PACE
Bhagwan Shammbhagwan
Wakka

A few updates now that the IO situation is more clear:

1. The tournament will be happening. More details will be sent regarding this later next week, but we planning on holding a double round-robin with the six teams that have already registered with me. This will guarantee 10 rounds for all teams, with a two-game maximum finals. I’m hoping the tournament won’t run too long, but given the field so far, I don't think it will be an issue.

2. If you are currently listed as a free agent, I plan on putting you on a team soon (provided you are still interested in attending the tournament).

3. Thank you Vanderbilt for bringing two buzzers, but we are still short two readers for the tournament. If you know anyone who could staff this weekend's tournament, that would be a huge help. Staffers will be compensated for their time.

4. We will not be able to host TELEOLOGY on the same weekend. While there is quite a lot of interest, the club doesn't have the bandwidth to host a tournament the day after.

Thanks, and hope to see you all next week!
Hari Parameswaran
Georgia Tech '23
ACF, PACE
Auroni
Auron

Post by Auroni »

A subforum for set discussion now exists. Request access to it through Board Index -> User Control Panel -> Usergroups.
Auroni Gupta (she/her)