ACF Nationals 2013 video

Old college threads.
grapesmoker
Sin

ACF Nationals 2013 video

Post by grapesmoker »

I managed to tape a few games during the tournament. I did this using a new camcorder I had just bought and unfortunately I didn't realize that it didn't come with its own power brick (instead it charged via USB but only when not operating). Consequently, a few of the matches were cut short. However, we do have the audio from both finals games (as well as video, although finals 2 was captured using my laptop camera so....). Anyway, enjoy:

Minnesota vs. Yale
Georgia Tech vs. Maryland
Illinois vs. Yale
Penn vs. Virginia
Penn vs. Georgia Tech
Finals 1 - Illinois vs. Yale
Finals 2 - Illinois vs. Yale

edit: Finals 2 is up.
Jerry Vinokurov
ex-LJHS, ex-Berkeley, ex-Brown, sorta-ex-CMU
code ape, loud voice, general nuissance

Masked Canadian History Bandit
Rikku

Re: ACF Nationals 2013 video

Post by Masked Canadian History Bandit »

In the future, would it be feasible to have a live video feed of one or two game rooms on a site like Justin.tv? It combines the visual aspect of these videos and the livestreaming aspect of the ustream audio that Bruce had going. Also, the VODs would be accessible later on demand for later viewing. I've heard of all NASAT games having been streamed before, but I don't think it was video.
Patrick Liao
Lisgar Collegiate Institute 2011, University of Pennsylvania 2015, University of Toronto Faculty of Law 2019

grapesmoker
Sin

Post by grapesmoker »

Masked Canadian History Bandit wrote:In the future, would it be feasible to have a live video feed of one or two game rooms on a site like Justin.tv? It combines the visual aspect of these videos and the livestreaming aspect of the ustream audio that Bruce had going. Also, the VODs would be accessible later on demand for later viewing. I've heard of all NASAT games having been streamed before, but I don't think it was video.
Sure, I'll try and do that next year.
Jerry Vinokurov

Ethnic history of the Vilnius region
Auron

Post by Ethnic history of the Vilnius region »

Thanks for posting these. This is really great.
Eric D.
University of South Carolina Alum

Masked Canadian History Bandit
Rikku

Post by Masked Canadian History Bandit »

Oh, just to be clear, I wasn't trying to disparage how you took videos this year. I'm thankful that you're going above and beyond the call of duty to post these videos. I even got an amusing clip to show to my Vancouver friends!
Patrick Liao
Lisgar Collegiate Institute 2011, University of Pennsylvania 2015, University of Toronto Faculty of Law 2019

grapesmoker
Sin

Post by grapesmoker »

Masked Canadian History Bandit wrote:Oh, just to be clear, I wasn't trying to disparage how you took videos this year. I'm thankful that you're going above and beyond the call of duty to post these videos. I even got an amusing clip to show to my Vancouver friends!
The quality of video is definitely higher than my previous webcam results; the audio leaves something to be desired. Maybe it's just me modulating my voice volume too much, but I found that the camera wasn't great at picking up highs and lows. In the future, it might be nice to have an independent sound recording that could then be synced with the video for better quality.
Jerry Vinokurov