Quizbowl men, get a haircut

Old college threads.
Aaron's Rod
Sec. of Cursed Images, Chicago SJW Cabal

Re: Quizbowl men, get a haircut

Post by Aaron's Rod »

eliza.grames wrote:Stop being a dick, folks.
eliza.grames wrote:Multiple people** have personally DMed me to agree that you are a sexist piece of shit and should stop giving your bad opinions on the forums.
I realize this is a very charged topic for you, but this makes for a poor juxtaposition.
eliza.grames wrote:[...]you've suggested that female involvement in quiz bowl is entirely based on being attracted to male participants
I still don't see where that has been done, at least on this thread, without the absolute worst bad-faith reading of one of Alston's posts. I'm not sure about the other accusations, though.
Alex D.
ACF
http://tinyurl.com/qbmisconduct

"You operate at a shorter wavelength and higher frequency than most human beings." —Victor Prieto
Beetle
Lulu

Post by Beetle »

Just squeezing in before thread lock here to say that while I initially disagreed with some of Dees' and Alston's assertions, the counterarguments leveled here are obnoxious enough for me to change sides. I can't pinpoint exactly where this thread turned into us vs. them but yes this has regrettably become dichotomous. let's all be adults here, unkempt or not
Auks Ran Ova
Forums Staff: Chief Administrator

Post by Auks Ran Ova »

Probably time to take a break from this thread for a while, everyone. We've had a contentious but fairly valuable time, so please try to keep in mind some of the more useful conclusions:

-personal grooming is good, both as a courtesy to those around you and for your own sake
-women are not a monolithic entity
-anyone, even Chris Ray Wang Anshi, can learn and grow through open discussion

Thanks!
Rob Carson
University of Minnesota '11, MCTC '??, BHSU forever
Member, ACF
Member emeritus, PACE
Writer and Editor, NAQT