New Google Sheet for a Collegiate Contact List: 2018/2019

Old college threads.
Ciorwrong
Tidus

New Google Sheet for a Collegiate Contact List: 2018/2019

Post by Ciorwrong »

Hello,

People on the Discord were bemoaning how outdated the collegiate contact list was. It would be great if people could edit this Google Sheet with current information about their club. The most important thing is correctly inputting the club email and that email should be actively monitored by club officers.

This spreadsheet may be organized by region, etc. in the future.

Let me know if there are any issues. I guess feel free to input the info for other clubs if you have it, but I would prefer it if people actually in the club filled out the information to maintain accuracy.
Harris Bunker
Grosse Pointe North High School '15
Michigan State University '19
UC San Diego Economics 2019 -

at least semi-retired
Wartortullian
Rikku

Re: New Google Sheet for a Collegiate Contact List: 2018/2019

Post by Wartortullian »

I think it would be a good idea to have an annual top-down project in which we go through every school on the list and verify that the contact info is current and actually works. Plenty of people forget to update the old list when they leave their club, I've been burned by outdated contact info in the past.

I'm willing to coordinate this.
Matt
Aaron's Rod
Sec. of Cursed Images, Chicago SJW Cabal

Post by Aaron's Rod »

A Very Long Math Tossup wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:27 pm I think it would be a good idea to have an annual top-down project in which we go through every school on the list and verify that the contact info is current and actually works. Plenty of people forget to update the old list when they leave their club, I've been burned by outdated contact info in the past.

That sounds awesome. Would be great to send out a couple of reminder emails in maybe April and May, when people are transitioning their clubs, so things can get handed over before people stop checking their .edu accounts and they expire.
Alex D.
ACF
http://tinyurl.com/qbmisconduct

"You operate at a shorter wavelength and higher frequency than most human beings." —Victor Prieto
Bensonfan23
Wakka

Post by Bensonfan23 »

A Very Long Math Tossup wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:27 pm I think it would be a good idea to have an annual top-down project in which we go through every school on the list and verify that the contact info is current and actually works. Plenty of people forget to update the old list when they leave their club, I've been burned by outdated contact info in the past.

I think this is a great idea. I also think it would be helpful if this list were sorted by state, or at least region, like the previous list was.
Ryan Humphrey
UT Austin (Cell & Developmental PhD Program, 2018-?)
Duke University (Biology and History, Class of 2018)
George Washington High School (Charleston, WV, Class of 2014)
Former PACE Member (2017-2019)
Ciorwrong
Tidus

Post by Ciorwrong »

Bensonfan23 wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:04 am

I think this is a great idea. I also think it would be helpful if this list were sorted by state, or at least region, like the previous list was.
I made separate sheets for each region. If you add your team, please add to the main list and also add it to what you consider its region. For some teams, I had to decide its region, so feel free to correct my choice of region. In reality, this is meant to help TDs recruit teams to their tournaments, and I don't see it as a big deal if, say, a TD in New Jersey has to email the teams in the Northeast and the Mid-Atlantic.

I hope people find this useful.
Harris Bunker

at least semi-retired
Wartortullian
Rikku

Post by Wartortullian »

I've added a "date updated" column to the sheet, with formatting based on how recently the contact info was updated.
Matt
Ciorwrong
Tidus

Post by Ciorwrong »

Thank you to all the schools that have filled this form out. However, I know many schools have not and may not check the forums as often. Please fill this out if your school hasn't done so, and I'd ask that you fill in information for schools that you are aware of. Please leave a comment in the sheet if you are filling in the info for another college, so someone can verify that the email given is still being checked. A simple "This was the email State College University used for Fall last year" would be great.

Thanks again all!
Harris Bunker

at least semi-retired
Ciorwrong
Tidus

Post by Ciorwrong »

I just wanted to bump this for people to update their contact information. Please fill in especially new clubs and teams that might have played ACF Fall this year!

I am not sure if anyone is willing and able to verify the contact information of teams on this list, but I feel lists like this are very helpful when soliciting mirrors of a collegiate set. Thanks!
Harris Bunker

at least semi-retired
marianna
Rikku

Post by marianna »

The first master sheet and the by region sheets are redundant with each other. Is there a way to consolidate info so people just need to update info in a single place? eg delete master sheet and just have people update by region sheets, or have people update master sheet and protected by region sheets get automatically generated.
Marianna Zhang (she/her)
Hunter '14 | Chicago '18 | Stanford '24
PACE
Aaron's Rod
Sec. of Cursed Images, Chicago SJW Cabal

Post by Aaron's Rod »

Progcon wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:38 pm I just wanted to bump this for people to update their contact information. Please fill in especially new clubs and teams that might have played ACF Fall this year!

I am not sure if anyone is willing and able to verify the contact information of teams on this list, but I feel lists like this are very helpful when soliciting mirrors of a collegiate set. Thanks!
Yeah, for the record, the ACF Fall Experience survey had a section where people who indicated they were college players could opt-in to putting their information onto a contact list. I was interested in taking this on under ACF for the reasons you mentioned, and also so it would be more stable year-to-year. (I haven't gotten the chance to dedup this and make it public, but I can prioritize that if people are interested.)
Alex D.
ACF
http://tinyurl.com/qbmisconduct

"You operate at a shorter wavelength and higher frequency than most human beings." —Victor Prieto
Ciorwrong
Tidus

Post by Ciorwrong »

marianna wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:51 pm The first master sheet and the by region sheets are redundant with each other. Is there a way to consolidate info so people just need to update info in a single place? eg delete master sheet and just have people update by region sheets, or have people update master sheet and protected by region sheets get automatically generated.
I agree the master sheet is redundant. I might download a back up and just delete the first sheet if no one is opposed. It makes more sense for each team to update the regional sheets in my opinion. If a team is on the border of two regions (e.g. Rutgers and Princeton in NJ), please put your team in both.
Harris Bunker

at least semi-retired
Ciorwrong
Tidus

Post by Ciorwrong »

Alex Damisch and ACF have been putting together a more sustained and professional version of this list I'd invite every collegiate team to check it out!

Link

At this time, I'm considering my lit to be deprecated and I'd invite teams to check out ACF's list instead.
Harris Bunker

at least semi-retired