Questions should mention all named works or people

Old college threads.
Tejas
Rikku

Questions should mention all named works or people

Post by Tejas »

Just a note to writers that any time a question clues a work or person, they should be named at some point. Preferably they would be namedropped later in the question, if not there should be a note after the answerline with this info. This info is useful both for editors who need to be able to easily check questions and for players looking at the tossups afterwards for reference. Many questions do this already, but it should be considered standard rather than something additional.
Tejas Raje
Cornell '14
Cheynem
Sin

Re: Questions should mention all named works or people

Post by Cheynem »

My personal preference is if feasible, you should. If doing so would result in wordiness or lack of pyramidality, then don't. I do agree with including the information in a note in the answerline.
Mike Cheyne
Formerly U of Minnesota

"You killed HSAPQ"--Matt Bollinger
Tejas
Rikku

Post by Tejas »

Cheynem wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:17 pm My personal preference is if feasible, you should. If doing so would result in wordiness or lack of pyramidality, then don't. I do agree with including the information in a note in the answerline.
Agree with Mike here.
Tejas Raje
Cornell '14
naan/steak-holding toll
Auron

Post by naan/steak-holding toll »

If you can't name things for the aforementioned reasons, it's helpful to include a note in parentheses after the answer line - it helps people look stuff up!
Will Alston
Dartmouth College '16
Columbia Business School '21