First try at a packet of a few COVID-19 questions

Old college threads.
Cowgoesmoo2
Kimahri

First try at a packet of a few COVID-19 questions

Post by Cowgoesmoo2 »

Made a first attempt at writing some questions for my co-interns and thought I'd share the questions I wrote. Was put together/edited with assistance from csa2125.

Just thought I'd put this up just in case it's ever helpful. There are only three questions I wrote myself. Not the best questions ever, but again, why not put this up. Intended for an international-leaning college audience.

Phase one/two trials began for this vaccine’s development in July of 2020. It was authorized for emergency use at the beginning of 2021. Another one of its names is “Ad26.COV2.S”. This was the second of carrier or vector-type vaccines to be approved in the world. This vaccine does not need to be stored frozen and can simply be transported refrigerated. It was first developed at the Center for Virology and Vaccine Research at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. In its clinical trials, while it was roughly 66% effective against moderate cases of COVID-19, it proved to be 100% effective at preventing death from COVID-19. Its namesake company has planned to produce at least a billion doses throughout 2021. In November of 2020, its namesake company announced that it would launch a second Phase 3 clinical trial to study the use of this vaccine but with two-doses and spread two months apart. FTP- name this single-shot vaccine which was briefly put on hold in the United States after several women developed blood clots in reaction to it.
Johnson and Johnson

This COVID-19 vaccine uses a modified chimpanzee adenoviral vector called ChAdOx1 (Chad-Ox-One). The Serum Institute of India markets this vaccine as Covishield. This vaccine lasts at least six months when refrigerated, but because it uses DNA instead of less rugged RNA, it doesn’t have to stay frozen. Vaccine production was never the specialty of this vaccine’s production company, whose chief executive (*) Pascal Soriot promised to make more of it at a lower price. However, a single factory’s problems led to the delay of the shipment of tens of millions of doses, leading the European bloc to sue this vaccine’s producer and switch to Pfizer/BioNTech. Its codename is AZD1222. For 10 points, name this vaccine created in part by Oxford University. ANSWER: Oxford–AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine [accept AZD1222 before mention; accept Covishield before mention; accept Vaxzevria]

The title of this book shares a name with a mythical creature that has the appearance of a sea serpent in Judaism. This book was written while the author was around Paris, and was completed after the conclusion of the English Civil War of 1642. In this book, the author disputes that sovereignty can be separated, destroyed, or divided. This book argues that as a result, the sovereign holder of power can assert his power over matters of faith, arguing for a social contract, and rule by an absolute sovereign. This book addresses a problem it calls the state of nature, where there are no laws or rules to bind people. FTP-name this book written by a figure who wrote that without government, life would be nasty, brutish, and short.
-Leviathan
Emhyr