2022 Chicago Open: Seeking Collaborators

Old college threads.
Galadedrid Damodred
Wakka

2022 Chicago Open: Seeking Collaborators

Post by Galadedrid Damodred »

I am excited to announce that Kurtis Droge and I (Austin Brownlow) will be head-editing the 2022 Louisville Chicago Open. This post is an open call for subject editors in all categories other than Literature, History, and Religion. That means over half of the distribution is yours to claim! (Note that this includes Mythology, which we are not subsuming into a "Beliefs" or "Legends" category.) EDIT: We have filled all editing roles; see below.

I cannot stress this enough: we will consider anyone as a candidate for an editing position, regardless of previous experience or the number of categories you want to work on (a 0.5/0.5 slice is perfectly fine!). My own first time helping to edit a tournament was in fact Chicago Open, so I have a personal interest in assembling a diverse team to give other quizbowlers that same opportunity.

We are also looking for a collaborator to manage the logistics of the tournament, as well as freelance contributors and playtesters in all subject areas.

To express interest in any of the above roles, please send me a forum PM. Thank you!

EDIT: Here's a complete list of roles, which I'll update as we bring more people on board. We'll post the final distribution in the announcement for the tournament itself.

Tournament Director: Jacob O'Rourke

4/4 Literature: Kurtis Droge

4/4 History: Austin Brownlow

4/4 Science
Biology: Shan Kothari
Chemistry: Vincent Du
Physics & Astronomy: Austin Brownlow
Math: Eddie Kim
Computer Science: Alistair Gray
Earth Science & Miscellaneous Science: Shan Kothari

3/3 Fine Arts
Visual: Young Fenimore Lee
Auditory: Sameer Apte

1/1 Religion: Austin Brownlow
1/0 or 0/1 Mythology: Eddie Kim

2/2 Philosophy and Social Science
Philosophy: Young Fenimore Lee
Social Science: Kurtis Droge

1/0 or 0/1 Geography: Ashish Subramanian
1/0 or 0/1 Modern World: Kurtis Droge
1/0 or 0/1 Other Academic: Kurtis Droge
Last edited by Galadedrid Damodred on Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:08 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Austin Brownlow
Louisville '14, Stanford '16
kdroge
Wakka

Re: 2022 Chicago Open: Seeking Collaborators

Post by kdroge »

I just wanted to bump this thread to mention that 2022 Chicago Open is still seeking editors for the categories of Biology, Chemistry, Earth Science, Computer Science, and Modern World, as well as a logistics director for the main site of the tournament itself. If you'd be interested in one (or more) of those roles, let Austin and/or myself know via a PM and we'd be happy to have your help!
Kurtis Droge
East Lansing 08, Michigan 12, Louisville 17