RESULTS: Stanford MO Mirror

Old college threads.
Rayford Smuckles
Lulu

RESULTS: Stanford MO Mirror

Post by Rayford Smuckles »

In case anyone is curious.

Kevin Koai swooped in and played one round with USC B to take a totally legit scoring title. Stanford house team went undefeated. The original full double round-robin was cut two games short in order to insure that the trash tournament would finish at a reasonable hour, allowing USC to safely drive back to LA that night.

http://quizbowl.stanford.edu/tournament ... dings.html
Mike

Stanford
cvdwightw
Auron

Re: RESULTS: Stanford MO Mirror

Post by cvdwightw »

Rayford Smuckles wrote:Kevin Koai swooped in and played one round with USC B to take a totally legit scoring title.
This one round just gave Matt Weiner an improbable one point in Fantasy Quizbowl. Sorry we couldn't make this - hosting high school tournaments kind of takes preference - but we'll almost certainly be there for Cardinal Classic.
Dwight Wynne
socalquizbowl.org
UC Irvine 2008-2013; UCLA 2004-2007; Capistrano Valley High School 2000-2003

"It's a competition, but it's not a sport. On a scale, if football is a 10, then rowing would be a two. One would be Quiz Bowl." --Matt Birk on rowing, SI On Campus, 10/21/03

"If you were my teammate, I would have tossed your ass out the door so fast you'd be emitting Cerenkov radiation, but I'm not classy like Dwight." --Jerry
unnecessarily hot
Lulu

Post by unnecessarily hot »

Not that it matters, but some of the stats for Berkeley B seem a little wonky.

The tournament was a lot of fun, thanks for hosting both tournaments!
Steven
Berkeley Quiz Bowl (2006-2010)
Rayford Smuckles
Lulu

Post by Rayford Smuckles »

I will pass the word along to Eric Smith. If you can point to anything specific, it will probably get fixed. If not, I doubt it's going to get changed, considering that I assume the stats people put up what was on the scoresheets, (which are now either in Brian's apartment or on their way to a landfill,) and we probably won't be able to figure out if scorekeepers made errors just by going through the sheets.

EDIT: Oh, now I see what you mean. The "tossups heard" are messed up. I don't know if it changes anything, but I'll look into fixing it.
Mike

Stanford
unnecessarily hot
Lulu

Post by unnecessarily hot »

I think some of the TUs were perhaps attributed to the wrong people, since the stats say Nielson scored 10 TUs in a game, but I don't think that ever happened.
Steven
Berkeley Quiz Bowl (2006-2010)
Schweizerkas
Lulu

Post by Schweizerkas »

All the stats for the Stanford mirror of the Rob Pilatus trash tournament are now posted, and can be found here.

The trash tournament was held Saturday night (Oct. 18) after the Minnesota Open mirror. For convenience of schedule, we wanted to have four teams, so we allowed players to form 5-person teams. We then played a 4-team triple round robin, which finished just after midnight.

At the end of the triple round robin, the "Guild of Calamitous Intent" (aka Berkeley 2) emerged as the clear winners with an undefeated 9-0 record. The high scorer in the tournament was "Col. Sebastian Moran" (aka Yogesh Raut), who averaged 73 PPG for the Guild of Calamitous Intent.

Thanks to everyone who showed up for the long day of quizbowl. I hope everyone had fun!
unnecessarily hot wrote:Not that it matters, but some of the stats for Berkeley B seem a little wonky.
I went back through the stats sheets and fixed the problems I saw. Eric just posted the updated stats today, which can be found here. Round reports are now included as well.
Brian
Stanford University