TRASH NE Regionals (11/15/08) at Boston College

Old college threads.
morrisbm
Lulu

TRASH NE Regionals (11/15/08) at Boston College

Post by morrisbm »

Hey Guys,
This is to announce that Boston College will be hosting the New England TRASH Regionals at 9 a.m. on Saturday, November 15. My name is Matthew Morris, I'm serving as tournament director and I'll be your contact for registration and general questions. You can reach me at: [email protected]

There is a lot of stuff still up in the air concerning specific details like specific location (I've put in room reqs for Fulton Hall (which would be nice), but I don't get them back for 2-3 weeks or so) so when that information does come I will post it here. This is what I can tell you about the tournament though so far:

Pricing Structure:
First team: $90
Second team: $80
Third team: $70
Fourth team and beyond: $65, with a $5 discount per team until $50

Dedicated staff: -$10
Working buzzers: -$10 per set

Field:
nothing. at least a house team.

And yeah, that's it so far, if you would like to take part or ask questions please e-mail me at [email protected] and hopefully I'll see a lot of you come November.
Matt Morris
of The Boston College Quiz Bowl Team
morrisbm
Lulu

Re: TRASH NE Regionals (11/15/08) at Boston College

Post by morrisbm »

NE TRASH Regionals Update:
I should know which rooms we're using by the end of this week, so I'll post that information once those are confirmed.

Hey it's been a little more than a week and this is what the field looks like so far:
Brandeis
2 Free Agents: Delano Barnes and Daniel Passner
and likely 2 house teams

Also if you're willing to help moderate/score we could probably use one or two helpers.

Once again if you're interested in attending/helping out please contact me, Matt Morris ([email protected]).
C'mon, There's got to be more of you out there...
Matt Morris
morrisbm
Lulu

Field and Campus Location Updates for TRASH Regionals!!

Post by morrisbm »

Hey Guys,
This is what's happened in the last week or so.
A veritable flurry of interest in our Trash Regional tournament struck my inbox this week and consequently, we now have a more populated field.

So this is what the field looks like right now:
Brandeis
Boston University (Undergrad)
Boston University (Alumni)
Harvard
Two Free Agents (Delano Barnes and Daniel Passner)
And 2-3 house teams

Also we have our room requests back and we got what we were hoping for. We will be competing in the very nice and kind of new classrooms of centrally located Fulton Hall, specifically our home base is going to be Fulton 135. I'll have a map of campus and various transportation info up next week.

If you're interested in attending or have any lingering questions you should definitely e-mail me, Matt Morris at [email protected] to register. and otherwise yeah, Happy Halloween and Happy Cobowling.
Matt Morris
Not That Kind of Christian!!
Yuna

Post by Not That Kind of Christian!! »

Hey, guys. Fun tournament. Can we have stats?
Hannah Kirsch
Brandeis University 2010
NYU School of Medicine 2014

"Wow, those Scandinavians completely thorbjorned my hard-earned political capital."
Mechanical Beasts
Banned Cheater

Post by Mechanical Beasts »

Hey, a Harvard player actually attended this event. Is there any way on earth we'll ever get stats? Even a "lol we lost the disk" would in fact be helpful.
Andrew Watkins
Rothlover
Yuna

Post by Rothlover »

There were stats at the awards apparently on SQBS. So, someone should have those or at least get them to someone who can put them online. Someone send the BC contact some e-mails to this effect perhaps, see if it works better than with MO trash stats.
Dan Passner Brandeis '06 JTS/Columbia '11-'12 Ben Gurion University of the Negev/Columbia '12?
Not That Kind of Christian!!
Yuna

Post by Not That Kind of Christian!! »

Done.
Hannah Kirsch
Brandeis University 2010
NYU School of Medicine 2014

"Wow, those Scandinavians completely thorbjorned my hard-earned political capital."
mcoen
Lulu

Post by mcoen »

Hey,

Matt Morris emailed me the stats, which I've posted here:

http://www.geocities.com/cancelbowl/Ful ... dings.html

Some of the internal links don't seem to work, which I'm trying to fix, but the major links should be working. If not, let me know at mcoen_bu at yahoo dot com.

Mark
Mark Coen
TRASH