IESA Regional Results (4/29/09)

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
Stephen Colbert
Wakka

IESA Regional Results (4/29/09)

Post by Stephen Colbert »

Northlawn beat El-Paso Gridley 312-155 in the championship match to win their regional.
Nathan Hollinsaid
Coach, St. Anthony Streator (2004-2007)
IHSSBCA Performance & Test-Certified Moderator
Tegan
Coach of AHAN Jr.

Re: IESA Regional Results (4/29/09)

Post by Tegan »

Barrington Station won .... the Sandburg team they beat badly in the final really wasn't bad at all ..... but Barrington was very good.

If only the questions had been worthy of the teams competing.
the return of AHAN
Auron

Post by the return of AHAN »

Stephen Colbert wrote:Northlawn beat El-Paso Gridley 312-155 in the championship match to win their regional.
Then why isn't it posted here?
Don't mean to bust your chops, though, Nathan, as it's not your fault as you're not the one with the host password. About half the host schools failed to submit their results tonight, including the rest of my sectional. :sad:
I see Egan beat me with the report, but we won our final over Mundelein Carl Sandburg. Only 1 TU went dead in the 1st half of the championship. Sandburg had some impressive buzzes, but we had a solid all-around game aside from one early Anish hiccup.
Jeff Price
Barrington High School Coach (2021 & 2023 HSNCT Champions, 2023 PACE Champions, 2023 Illinois Masonic Bowl Class 3A State Champions)
Barrington Station Middle School Coach (2013 MSNCT Champions, 2013 & 2017 Illinois Class AA State Champions)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stephen Colbert
Wakka

Post by Stephen Colbert »

Woody Paige wrote:Then why isn't it posted here?
Yeah, if I had this power I would certainly make use of it. I can report the following:

Round #1: Northlawn 301 - Dwight 122
Round #2: Northlawn 302 - Putnam County 135
Round #4: Northlawn 312 - El-Paso Gridley 155

The final should not have been close, as Northlawn answered 15 toss-ups to El Paso-Gridley's 4. But, Northlawn's bonus conversion was atrocious. They failed to convert a single part of two bonuses (sports, vocabulary), both of which were subsequently swept by EPG.

So the Northlawn sectional will consist of Northlawn, Sycamore, Coal City, and currently unknown fourth team. Sycamore came out of a regional with both DeKalb Huntley and Rockford Washington, and I'm not sure I know anything about them.
Nathan Hollinsaid
Coach, St. Anthony Streator (2004-2007)
IHSSBCA Performance & Test-Certified Moderator
the return of AHAN
Auron

Stephen Colbert wrote:
Woody Paige wrote:Then why isn't it posted here?
Yeah, if I had this power I would certainly make use of it. I can report the following:

Round #1: Northlawn 301 - Dwight 122
Round #2: Northlawn 302 - Putnam County 135
Round #4: Northlawn 312 - El-Paso Gridley 155

The final should not have been close, as Northlawn answered 15 toss-ups to El Paso-Gridley's 4. But, Northlawn's bonus conversion was atrocious. They failed to convert a single part of two bonuses (sports, vocabulary), both of which were subsequently swept by EPG.

So the Northlawn sectional will consist of Northlawn, Sycamore, Coal City, and currently unknown fourth team. Sycamore came out of a regional with both DeKalb Huntley and Rockford Washington, and I'm not sure I know anything about them.
I was shocked to see Huntley fall. I thought they were good, but I guess Sycamore was even better. I noticed that before re: Northlawn's bonus conversion when we've played them. They left a LOT of stuff unanswered when we played them at the KP.
15 TU to get to 312 pts in round 4 also bears out what you wrote; Station hit 11 TU to get to 302 in the same game, though 47 rebounded bonus points helped the cause considerably.
Jeff Price
Barrington High School Coach (2021 & 2023 HSNCT Champions, 2023 PACE Champions, 2023 Illinois Masonic Bowl Class 3A State Champions)
Barrington Station Middle School Coach (2013 MSNCT Champions, 2013 & 2017 Illinois Class AA State Champions)
the return of AHAN
Auron

UPSET ALERT!!!!!
Unseeded Wauconda knocks off #6 Antioch, 200-172, and then the #3 seeded host, Lake in the Hills Marlowe, 213-152 to win the Class AA Regional #3 and advance to their first ever sectional!
Jeff Price