Ezell-Harding Academic Tournament - September 18, 2004

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
RGRummage
Lulu

Ezell-Harding Academic Tournament - September 18, 2004

Post by RGRummage »

The eleventh Ezell-Harding Christian School Academic Tournament will be held this year on Saturday, September 18, 2004, in Nashville, TN. Registration will begin at 7:45, and the rounds will begin at 9:00. We should be finished around 3:00-4:00.

We will again use a roundrobin format, and each round will have three parts: ten tossups, a worksheet, and ten tossups with bounceback bonuses. The content distribution for the questions will again feature five science questions, five literature, five soc. studies, and five combined from math, art, and music.

The entry fee is $60.00 per team and will be due on September 6. If you are not currently on our mailing list and would like to receive tournament and registration information, please contact me at [email protected]. We look forward to having you.
ChopinManiac
Lulu

Post by ChopinManiac »

I was just wondering as to where religion/mythology questions would be placed as I suppose they could be put as part of literature, social studies and/or the other 5 questions.
mentalchocolate
Wakka

Post by mentalchocolate »

Just wonder who is attending this tournament?
Last edited by mentalchocolate on Sun Oct 03, 2004 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eltennis9
Lulu

Post by eltennis9 »

What school are you from?
All the way...
mentalchocolate
Wakka

Central Hardin High School We have a strong young team coming up. Visit our website at http://www.freewebs.com/chhsbruinsacademicteam
eltennis9
Lulu

Post by eltennis9 »

Ah... Aren't Elizabethtown and Fort Knox in Hardin County?

I'm from Dunbar High School. We should be attending the tourney.
All the way...
Linds1119
Kimahri

Post by Linds1119 »

Hey guys! It's Lindsey from Ezell. I am pretty sure that Dr. Rummage includes mythology questions under literature. I hope to see yall at our tournament in a few weeks!
mentalchocolate
Wakka

I live in E-town, just south of Ft. Knox. There are three school systems in this area; the Hardin County Schools (3 high schools), E-town City Schools and Fort Knox Schools.

Who are you again? Just to let you know our team (Central Hardin plans on hosting a tournament this year. We're not sure when though. We hope Dunbar will bring some teams to our tournament. Further details will be posted at our website: http://www.freewebs.com/chhsbruinsacademicteam :)
somerandomguy
Lulu

Post by somerandomguy »

Dr. Rummage, do you have a list of participating teams that you can post?
somerandomguy
Lulu

Post by somerandomguy »

okay, who all will be there this weekend?
RGRummage
Lulu

Post by RGRummage »

Here are Saturday's participants: Apollo, Bolton, Campbell County, Central Hardin, Chattahoochee, Cocke County, Columbia, Cookeville, Cordova, Danville, Daviess County, Dorman, Dunbar, DuPont Manual, Etowah, Hardin County, Heritage, Hillsboro, Indian Springs, Irmo, Johnson Central, Lincoln County, Madisonville North Hopkins, Martin Luther King, Milton, Munford, Paintsville, Portland, Richland, Rossview, Scotts Hill, Smoky Mountain Home School, University School, Walton, Webb, and West.

Several of these schools will have multiple teams for a total of sixty-six teams. We're looking forward to a great competition.

Ronnie Rummage
gosaints
Lulu

Post by gosaints »

Is there any room left in the field? We just found out that a number of our players who were scheduled to go to a speech and debate tournament at Wake Forest this weekend are going to be staying home due to weather concerns, so we might be able to get organized and bring a team. Please let me know ASAP (I also e-mailed you).

Thanks!

Morris Mitchell
St. Andrew's Episcopal School
gosaints
Lulu

Results???

Post by gosaints »

Does anyone know who won the EH tournament? We lost to Milton in the prelims (they were very good) and to Walton in the round of 16 (they were awesome). It seemed to be quite a strong field overall.
The General
Kimahri

Post by The General »

Walton beat Dorman in the finals, I believe.
Semifinalists were Dupont Manual and Daviess Co., I think.

Yeah, someone confirm me on that, please.

Two of the quarterfinalists were Dunbar I and II.
Manyo2
Lulu

Post by Manyo2 »

Those were the finalists and semifinalists. Walton beat Dorman by I think 20 in the finals. We lost a tight 290-280 game in sudden death to Walton in the semis.
Matt Weiner
Sin

Post by Matt Weiner »

Remember to submit all tournaments and results to the database on the front page.
RGRummage
Lulu

Post by RGRummage »

Thanks to all who came on Saturday. We had a strong field of fifty-five competitors after losing some to Hurricane Ivan. Here are the results of the top teams:

1. Walton
2. Dorman I
3. DuPont Manual I
4. Daviess County

Quarterfinalists: Irmo, Milton, Dunbar I, Dunbar II

Our tournament is usually the third Saturday in September each year. We hope to see you next year. Ronnie Rummage