Walton Tournament Results

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
steven-lamp
Rikku

Walton Tournament Results

Post by steven-lamp »

Does anyone have them? LAMP went but we lost in the round of 32 by 10 points on a squirley recognition thing on the last question. Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone knows the outcome of that tournament, as the field was quite large and strong (80 teams). I know DuPont A was ranked 1 out of the prelims.
somerandomguy
Lulu

Post by somerandomguy »

1. Dorman
2. Irmo

Semi-finalists: Ezell-Harding and Dupont
irmogopher
Lulu

Post by irmogopher »

I thought Brookwood was ranked first coming into the playoffs, at least, I'm pretty sure they were at the top of the bracket.
somerandomguy
Lulu

Post by somerandomguy »

yeah, out of prelims Brookwood had 2020, Dorman had 2010, and Dupont had 2000 total points
Matt Weiner
Sin

Post by Matt Weiner »

Please submit results to the database.
stasa
Lulu

Re: Walton Tournament Results

Post by stasa »

steven-lamp wrote:LAMP went but we lost in the round of 32 by 10 points on a squirley recognition thing on the last question.
Apparently, everyone is losing nowadays due to some "squirley" thing in the last question. No longer does an opposing teams greater skill have anything to do with a loss. Seriously, I'm getting tired of all the excuses that people give for their failure. Maybe next time you can own up to a loss like a man and not add any modifying statements.
edd
Kimahri

Post by edd »

Apparently, everyone is losing nowadays due to some "squirley" thing in the last question. No longer does an opposing teams greater skill have anything to do with a loss. Seriously, I'm getting tired of all the excuses that people give for their failure. Maybe next time you can own up to a loss like a man and not add any modifying statements.
I was the one that screwed LAMP over alright! I buzzed in and said Klu Klux Klan before the reader got a chance to finish saying yellow 4. The answer was right, but it was non-resposive. Thats how we lost, my fault. But stupid none the less
PatWalton
Kimahri

Post by PatWalton »

Dupont and Ezell Harding were semifinalists
Dorman got 1st and Irmo got 2nd
quizbowlmike
Lulu

Post by quizbowlmike »

non-responsive should not be a rule in quizbowl. if your light is on, you should be able to answer.
mujason
Wakka

Post by mujason »

Yeah, that's how ACF, NAQT, and TRASH do it. However, CBI and most high school competitions still require recognition.