Tippecanoe Academic Challenge - Second Announcement

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
jrbellas
Lulu

Tippecanoe Academic Challenge - Second Announcement

Post by jrbellas »

Tippecanoe HS still has two spots remaining in its 9th annual TAC tournament, to be held on October 30th. Tipp City is located just north of Dayton, Ohio, on I-75. We are using NAQT set IS-45A. Since we only purchased exclusivity to Ohio, teams that are competing in our tournament are not permitted to play these questions in any other NAQT event.

Here is a list of the teams registered and paid up to today. Most are sending two teams, but a few are only sending one. All schools are Ohio schools unless otherwise noted.

Central Hardin (KY)
Hartland (MI)
St. Marys
Defiance
Turpin
St. Charles
Columbus Academy
Springfield North
Northmont
Miami East
Russia
Northwestern
Vandalia Butler
Greenville
Yellow Springs
Piqua
Fisher Catholic
Findlay
Fairlawn
Sidney
Tippecanoe (one freshman team)

It is not too late for teams to register. Please email me at [email protected] if interested in getting one of the last two spots.

Hope to see you on the 30th! :D
mentalchocolate
Wakka

Post by mentalchocolate »

I do not recall who the better Ohio teams are. A list of the top few in your opinion would be nice.
jrbellas
Lulu

Post by jrbellas »

Fisher Catholic was last year's Ohio State Champions. They also won this tournament last year. St. Charles is always very strong - they have been state champions in the past.

Other teams that have either won this tournament in the past or who I expect to be strong are Defiance, St. Marys, Turpin, Columbus Academy, Findlay and Northmont.

Since this is the first tournament of the year for most of these schools, I really have only the vaguest idea of who will be good. It could be that Central Hardin and Hartland, MI may be the best two schools at the tournament.
solonqb
Rikku

Post by solonqb »

Many northeast Ohio teams like Copley, Garfield Heights, and Orange will be at Aurora's tournament on that day.
Noah Rahman
Welcome to Simbabwe, where the property is already owned and the houses built and you compete to burn and dispossess them. Compete with Robert Mugabe, Canaan Banana, Cecil Rhodes and Sir Godfrey Huggins to earn a place on the all-time EU travel ban list!
BobGHHS
Rikku

Aurora

Post by BobGHHS »

Noah- will Solon also be Aurora?

Also- congratulations on being National Merit Semifinalist/Finalist, whichever one it is now... our Captain, Jon is also one.

Joe- we saw Defiance at Copley, nice team and nice coach, but they are significantly weaker than usual... alot of the other teams coming to your tournament I've never gotten to play or coach against, so I can't help anyone else... Hope everything runs smoothly as usual...

Good luck to all teams, whether going to Tipp or Aurora.
Bob Kilner
Kent State '06 - Boise State '10
Former Coach, Garfield Hts (OH) (2001-08)
Former Coach, Eastlake North HS (OH) (2015-22)

"I'd sooner fail than not be among the greatest." - John Keats
solonqb
Rikku

Post by solonqb »

Unfortunately, Solon will not be at Aurora, due to Academic Challenge taping.
Noah Rahman
Welcome to Simbabwe, where the property is already owned and the houses built and you compete to burn and dispossess them. Compete with Robert Mugabe, Canaan Banana, Cecil Rhodes and Sir Godfrey Huggins to earn a place on the all-time EU travel ban list!
BobGHHS
Rikku

oh ok...

Post by BobGHHS »

well good luck on there, we have to play Lakeside and Cloverleaf on November 13th. Let me know if its academic challenge, aka, the Noah Rahman show again... lol.
Bob Kilner
Kent State '06 - Boise State '10
Former Coach, Garfield Hts (OH) (2001-08)
Former Coach, Eastlake North HS (OH) (2015-22)

"I'd sooner fail than not be among the greatest." - John Keats